PDA

View Full Version : Creatine while cutting ok?

Focused
05-26-2004, 08:38 AM
ive heard that creatine puts on a lil bit weight when you use it...right now i am very close to seeing my abs and i dont want to jepordize that, but at the same time i want to take some creatine.....so will the creatine slow down the cutting process or no?

supirman
05-26-2004, 09:44 AM
creatine can leave you with a bloated look from holding water. You'll look soft. There's not much point in taking creatine anyway, so I wouldn't take it.

ace dogg
05-26-2004, 10:10 AM
The above is incorrect. Creatine does not cause bloating, it bring water into the muscle.

Creatine when anything is fine, every lifter should be on creatine year round (unless competing for a PL meet, I suppose...to get bodyweight down).

supirman
05-26-2004, 10:13 AM
from personal experience, creatine makes me soft looking b/c it does bring water into the muscles. if cutting, i certainly don't want a soft look.

ace dogg
05-26-2004, 10:14 AM
from personal experience, creatine makes me soft looking b/c it does bring water into the muscles. if cutting, i certainly don't want a soft look.

That doesn't even make sense. If anything, you misjudged what caused the effect.

supirman
05-26-2004, 10:17 AM
sure it makes sense. my muscles looked soft - that's not so hard to comprehend. creatine isn't worth the money it costs....

ace dogg
05-26-2004, 10:29 AM
lol I think you have muscle dysmorphia. Your muscles would look bigger/fuller, but that isn't even a dramatic effect. The benefit comes in the enhanced production of muscular energy...which is always good to have.

TheGimp
05-26-2004, 11:52 AM
The weight gained by creatine causes muscle water retention, not subcutaneous. If anything your muscles should have been bigger. So, to answer the original question, you'll gain weight but's it's only water. Even if you are disappointed with the impact it won't take long to reverse the effect.

Jasonl
05-26-2004, 12:56 PM
I suggest taking creatine while cutting, as it will assist somewhat(provided diet, training, and rest are good) in the retention of lean mass.