PDA

View Full Version : 16year olds cutting diet please read and critque!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

niketpatel71
05-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Well im 16 5'6 and 136 pounds. I have to eat a total of 1632 calories per day split out into 6 meals so 272 cals per meal. Is this an OKAY Diet plan.

9am - Quakers oatmeal
12 pm - Whole wheat pitta bread and sunpat peanut butter
3pm - Chicken breasts 244 cals
6pm - Whole wheat pitta and low fat cottage cheese
9pm - Quakers oatmeal
12 am - 2 egg yolks

Is this an ok diet any improvements are welcome. Thanks WBBF

Vido
05-27-2004, 01:38 PM
Well im 16 5'6 and 136 pounds. I have to eat a total of 1632 calories per day split out into 6 meals so 272 cals per meal.

In order to accomplish what goal?

niketpatel71
05-27-2004, 01:38 PM
to loose this gut i have and to loose some fat in order to gain definition and some killer abs.

carlossalsa8
05-27-2004, 01:39 PM
Do you wanna lose weight or gain weight? I think yur cals are to low. You are only sixteen!! You are growing up so u gotta eat more.

niketpatel71
05-27-2004, 01:41 PM
i wanna loose weight. u see i wanna get abs and more definition around my chest area.

Vido
05-27-2004, 01:48 PM
Well you only weigh 136lbs, so even though that calorie intake seems low, it's probably ok...you could probably get away with eating more and still lose weight though, given your age. As for the diet:

9am - Quakers oatmeal

***I hope this isn't the kind with the sugar mixed in, and you need some protein in this meal.***

12 pm - Whole wheat pitta bread and sunpat peanut butter

***I suggest separating carbs and fats, but you don't have to. You've had 2 meals now, and still no protein as far as I'm concerned.***

3pm - Chicken breasts 244 cals

***Maybe throw in a tbsp of flax or olive oil, but if you want to keep cals low, that's fine.***

6pm - Whole wheat pitta and low fat cottage cheese

***You'd be better off with your carbs coming from oats, yams, brown rice, or fibrous veggies, but that's ok.***

9pm - Quakers oatmeal

***Same suggestion as meal 1. Also, why do you need carbs at this time of night? (Unless of course you are training at night)***

12 am - 2 egg yolks

***Never heard of anyone eating just the yolks. Eat the whole egg.***

Now, that was meal by meal, but overall a couple of observations:
1) I don't think you're getting enough protein. Shoot for at least 1g/lb bodyweight when cutting.
2) I don't think you're eating enough EFA's (essential fatty acids). Add some flax or nuts to some of those meals.
3) You don't seem to eat any veggies. You should be, they're good for you.
4) I'm not suggesting a low carb diet, but you should eat carbs when you need them, not just for the hell of it. Center them around workouts.

niketpatel71
05-27-2004, 01:52 PM
can u plan me a better diet please im lost :( or im me on aim so we can discuss it. My aim is n1ket