PDA

View Full Version : CKD women and men

Marcel
10-13-2001, 08:18 PM
Hey what do you think about sweet tarts as a carb load food? I saw this other person asking about that on another forum and wanted to see what all of you thought. I mean the ingredients are dextrose and maltodextrin but it just wouldnt seem right huh? Candy as a carb load.....what's your opinion?

Tryska
10-13-2001, 08:20 PM
i've heard of people using a roll of sweettarts as their 30g prior to a workout on a TKD. if that's how you wanna do it...go for it.

Marcel
10-13-2001, 08:29 PM
Yea thaz cool but I meant more like when you carb load for 2 days and your carb meals on day 1 are mostly maltodextrin or dextrose as your carb sources. How would sweet tarts be then? They sure taste better then maltodextrin mixed in just water. Are the tarts worth it then?

Tryska - thanks though

Tryska
10-13-2001, 08:35 PM
can you really eat that many sweettarts without slicing up the inside of your mouth?

i mean..you can add them in one your carbload days to fulfill some of that simple sugar requirement...but I wouldn't plan on using that solely, you know what I mean?

w8lifter
10-13-2001, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
can you really eat that many sweettarts without slicing up the inside of your mouth?

LOL :p

Wizard
10-14-2001, 03:40 AM
TKD can be a good and effective diet but few individuals are able to follow it strictly.

Marcel
10-14-2001, 10:32 PM
Blackalpha - which do you think is better a ckd or a tkd? Right now I'm doing a ckd and it kicks a$$. It's so easy to follow too chicken and flax all day. Gives me more time to do other things instead of eating this and that(like carb meals for example).

Buzzdolfo
10-14-2001, 10:53 PM
I wouldn't suggest using simple carbs for a carb load. I would rather go with complex carbs like fruits,veggies, cerals and grains. THe reason is that simple carbs cause a rapid increase in insulin and this will cause you to store all that glucose into fat. Your main priority is to top off you glycogen stores in the liver and muscles. Complex carbs will result in lower insulin release thereby leading to less fat production and more glycogen formation. Simple sugars also decrease immunity by 50% and will make you feel tired after a short energy boost due to the high insulin secreted by the beta cells of your pancreas. But whatever works for you...go for it. I personally would go for the healthier alternative.

Paul Stagg
10-19-2001, 08:13 AM
I wouldn't suggest using simple carbs for a carb load.

** On a keto diet, the first part of a carb load should indeed be High GI simple carbs.

I would rather go with complex carbs like fruits,veggies, cerals and grains.

** which would defeat the purpose of depleting glycogen stores.

THe reason is that simple carbs cause a rapid increase in insulin and this will cause you to store all that glucose into fat.

** On a keto diet, it is stored first as muscle glycogen.

Your main priority is to top off you glycogen stores in the liver and muscles.

** Muscles first.

Complex carbs will result in lower insulin release thereby leading to less fat production and more glycogen formation.

** Really?

Simple sugars also decrease immunity by 50% and will make you feel tired after a short energy boost due to the high insulin secreted by the beta cells of your pancreas.

** True.

But whatever works for you...go for it. I personally would go for the healthier alternative.

** Define healthier.

I used Smarties candies for my pre-workout carb up on a TKD.

Wizard
10-19-2001, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Marcel
Blackalpha - which do you think is better a ckd or a tkd? Right now I'm doing a ckd and it kicks a$$. It's so easy to follow too chicken and flax all day. Gives me more time to do other things instead of eating this and that(like carb meals for example).

I think that ckd is better.
Not only as a diet but because it's easier to follow it.

Marcel
10-21-2001, 09:45 PM
Paul Stagg - :thumbup: LOL that's what I was about to say. Obviously he does not know about the first 24 hours of the carb up which should be simple carbs. Nothing better then sweet tarts waiting for me at my car after the depletion workout on friday! :cool:

Wizard - Yea thaz what I think too. The only thing is I usually can't go out friday night cuz the first 24 hours of the carb up is a biatch! But Saturday night it's all good. :D

Tryska
10-22-2001, 07:05 AM
question?

do y'all get like overheated during your carbups? This past weekend i went through this hot flash overheating thing and i had carbed from Friday straight through to saturday night.....any ideas?

the doc
10-22-2001, 08:48 AM
sometimes. Depends on what i'm eating

I used to get this when i was not carbing up as well so i wasn't very worried

I also get heated up from protein

i guess i'm always hot... lol

Marcel
10-22-2001, 07:30 PM
Trys - I don't get overheated really but I do feel pretty warm and it feels good. I get a mild pump too! It's great.

Tryska
10-23-2001, 06:43 AM
yeah i noticed that too marcel...I got a pump, and then my biceps (which I had worked 4 days before) started hurting...it was bizarre.....cuz i thought I'd skipped DOMS ont hat session...*lol*

Marcel
10-23-2001, 11:10 AM
Sweet:cool:

Marcel
10-23-2001, 08:10 PM
I love CKD! Right now I'm at 175 at 10% bf. I'm about 6 ft. tall and I just turned 18. I sure don't look 175 though! I asked some of my friends at skool who are wrestlers how much they think I weigh(they are obsessed with weight since they have to starve themselves like crazy to make their weight class) and they all said 190-200. I'm almost at my goal of 5 or 6% yeaaaaaaaaa!!!:D