PDA

View Full Version : Bulking

Nos92LX
05-28-2004, 11:33 AM
I am about 5'11", 160 pounds. I am doing my best to eat more and put on size. I find it hard to eat clean all the time though. Can I just eat whatever the hell I want to gain size? I know it is not the ideal way to put on weight, but I think crap calories is better than not enough calories to gain size.

Do I count beer calories as daily calorie intake?

I figure I can gain all the weight I want know (even if it is some fat)and then cut later

Thanks

Bboy486
05-28-2004, 11:40 AM
You could, but you want your weight to come primarily from EFA and protein. Try to make sure you are intaking your body weight x 1.5 for total protein, and that your carb intake are good carbs.

I thought it was hard as well, and I am still adjusting to my diet but I have been taking in 3500 cal a day, (a little high on carbs though) but its ideal for my bulking needs

Augury
05-28-2004, 12:37 PM
crap calories is indeed better than not enough calories. however, as with everything you are what you eat. So if you eat crap...you will put on a much higher % of bodyfat during the bulking process than if you give your body what it needs for a lean bulk.

Its a habbit forming thing also. If you make yourself get used to eating properly...learn to see crap when its on a plate...change your tastes towards whole foods and lean meat...ween yourself off only enjoying saturated fatty foods you will find half the battle is already won. the other half (when you get more serious about results) is to measure everything that goes in your mouth so you can control the results and understand what does and dosnt work for you. It will also pay dividends when you come to shedding the (hopefully small ammount of) fat the (good, clean) bulk layed down on a controled cut. The habbits will be there and you will suceed.

Augs

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Some can get away with it no problem. They're called "bastards", and we hate them.

Hit them if you see them in the street. They like it.

Anyway, if you're really desperate to get the calories down, and you've not been growing lately, then looks like you may have no choice. If it's a chocie thing, i.e. you get sick of the bland "clean" foods, then suck it up and just eat the stuff you ****in' faggot. :) Otherwise, if it's a "i just cannot eat another morsel of this or i'll pop" thing, then maybe less clean food is the way for you. Milk is quite calorie dense in large quantities and has protein. Nuts are calorie dense and have protein (some have loads of good fat too).

Save the pizza for your off-days. But said that, pizza and ice cream can be REALLY anabolic food sources if you're desperate for the calories.