PDA

View Full Version : squat suits + gains?

biggimp
05-28-2004, 09:09 PM
im curious, im considering buying a squat suit, but i have some questions. first off, do suits actually get you any gains on you squat/deadlift, or do they just make sure you have nice form? second, what would be better, a champion suit or a z-suit? can anybody guesstimate what i might be able to hit in a suit if i can hit 425 on squat with just a belt?

thanks in advance.

Paul Stagg
05-29-2004, 07:03 PM
Typically, if it fits right, you'll see an improvement in pounds lifted.

How much no one can say, depends on the suit, and how well you learn to use it.

I'm sure someone who has used both a champion and a z-suit will be able to answer.

lene8276
05-29-2004, 09:12 PM
big gimp start with the power pants first for learning your groove then you can use a suit later call inzer and ask for judy or amber at 1800 222 6897 , tell them i sent you phil harrington 181 bw 848 world record squat , trust me the power pants work, let me know what you think

ElPietro
05-31-2004, 07:52 AM
From the people I've spoken too, a suit and wraps can add 100+ lbs to your squat. I have a suit, but have yet to try it on, so I can't give you my personal experience yet. But this is what several powerlifters have told me they got out of using this stuff. I don't think a squat suit will help much with deadlifts. Even deadlift suits and erector shirts I don't think help TOO much on deads. At least not as much as equipment helps on the bench or squat.

I'm quickly running out of time before my first comp to learn to use the stuff I bought.