PDA

View Full Version : Soda?

Gfed
05-29-2004, 02:35 PM
I was wondering....does soda make that big a diffrence in ones diet---is it bad for you besides the calories?

gopher
05-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Depends on what your goals are. If you are trying to gain mass a soda every now and then isn't horrible but if you are trying to lower your body fat soda is the enemy. All of the calories in soda come from sugar. Sugar is not a friend to someone trying to lose weight.

TheGimp
05-29-2004, 03:32 PM
It's empty calories - no vitamins, no minerals, no fibre, no phytonutrients, no protein, no fats. Just simple carbs.

meltedtime
05-29-2004, 04:05 PM
Soda=crap

Manveet
05-30-2004, 01:24 PM
I was wondering....does soda make that big a diffrence in ones diet---is it bad for you besides the calories?

It's nothing but completely crap. It really shouldn't matter whether you're bulking or cutting, if you want to see an improvement in your physique you are going to have cut it down to a minimum.

odieforbroke
05-30-2004, 09:49 PM
not only does it do no good, it also depletes your body of vitamins. thus, even sugar free soda is bad for you. not to mention that the acids in it are quiet harsh on your GI system.

It's nothing but completely crap. It really shouldn't matter whether you're bulking or cutting, if you want to see an improvement in your physique you are going to have cut it down to a minimum.

Focused
05-31-2004, 12:01 PM
well diet soda is cool right?

Jonno
05-31-2004, 09:08 PM
soda is just a liquid candy bar.

Bboy486
06-01-2004, 10:43 AM
Soda is also linked to certain types of Throat cancer.
So regardless of you workout results, it has very little good qualities other than taste, and to be honest, for me it just ends up filling me up.

Since I gave it up a week ago, I have been able to eat more and more accurately achieve my 3,000 cal goal.

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-01-2004, 10:57 AM
There's also the cephalic insulin response associated with it (Do a search). But whether that's gonna make any significant difference on a diet is anyone's guess. Some say yes. Others don't care. Unless you're aiming for 5% bf, i wouldn't mind the odd can of the stuff here and there. Sometimes the sweet taste is enough to stave me off falling off the wagon and gorging which i see only as a good thing.

Although most times it upsets my stomach so i tend to avoid the stuff.

Besides, beer is much more fun.