PDA

View Full Version : protien shake!

nunomiguel
05-29-2004, 02:15 PM
can any one tell me how to do a protien shake withought using any protien powder supplement? By protien powder i mean does like weider or equals...

Ebu
06-01-2004, 08:15 AM
um...i blended egg whites once...
But why are you avoiding protein powders may I ask?

Vido
06-01-2004, 05:45 PM
You can use milk as your source of protein. Mix in some fruits or peanut butter or something, depending on your goals. You can also blend up cottage cheese if you can stomach the taste.

Ebu
06-01-2004, 05:56 PM
But with milk, you have a higher carb to protein ratio, with protein shakes you don't. And also, most of the protein in milk is cassein, which is different from the whey in most protein powders.

Vido
06-01-2004, 06:22 PM
But with milk, you have a higher carb to protein ratio, with protein shakes you don't. And also, most of the protein in milk is cassein, which is different from the whey in most protein powders.

First, I never said milk was better than whey powder, but it is an alternative.

Second, unless the shake is being consumed directly pre or post-workout, whey is inferior to casein.

Ebu
06-01-2004, 06:31 PM
But milk isnt an alternative, you basically said that yourself in your post.
"whey is inferior to casein."
There, now you said it, haha. But I don't believe milk to be a good substitute for protein powder. And why don't you just go buy a tub nunomiguel?

Vido
06-01-2004, 06:36 PM
But milk isnt an alternative, you basically said that yourself in your post.
"whey is inferior to casein."
There, now you said it, haha. But I don't believe milk to be a good substitute for protein powder. And why don't you just go buy a tub nunomiguel?

Inferior meaning not as good as...so I'm saying milk isn't an alternative because it's too good? I don't get your point.

nunomiguel
06-03-2004, 09:26 AM
the reason i want to know of protien powder subs is because i spent a ton in powders so i wanted to start something new... thats the reason... and because (now youŽll sure kill me by saing this) most of the powders are junk...

Vido
06-03-2004, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't call them junk. Supplement companies certainly exagerate the potential benefits you will receive by consuming their products, but protein is protein, whether it's in powder or whole food form.

Gigante66
07-20-2004, 01:18 PM
3 egg whites, 1 cup milk, 1 banana, i tsp. vanilla extract

geoffgarcia
07-20-2004, 01:34 PM
the reason i want to know of protien powder subs is because i spent a ton in powders so i wanted to start something new...most of the powders are junkwhat brands/formulas of protein powder were you taking? explain why you think they are junk? were you expecting a specific result that didn't come to fruition?

powders are not made in laboratories from synthetic substances. They are actual whole foods like milk, wheat, eggs, beef, etc that are broken down and simply seperated out to remove impurities, fats, etc...and to concentrate just the proteins.

Manveet
07-20-2004, 07:04 PM
use dried cottage cheese. Mix it with some milk and a banana. Tastes fine.

mattburns
08-20-2004, 12:19 PM
i usually go for 500ml of milk, 2 or 3 egg whites, nesquik type milkshake mix and maybe ice cream.

its pretty good.

manowar669
08-21-2004, 01:26 PM
I blend up nonfat cottage cheese (1 cup) and natty PB (1 tablespoon). Tastes like cheesecake. Add some water and sugar free/fat free vanilla pudding mix and some ice (like a whole tray) andd it tastes like vanilla ice cream.