PDA

View Full Version : growth

Budiak
02-15-2001, 05:18 PM
Hey there peeps- I just started a mass-gaining program, basically the wannabebig routine- and I need some help with keeping track of my progress.
Example...
last week I benched 135 six times- really struggling to get that last one up, too. This week, I was able to get it up seven times. I dropped it to 115 and got 12 reps last week then 12 this week as well on 115.
When I go to bench next week, should I put five more pounds on or should I try to get out eight reps, which I feel I could do?

mesmall
02-15-2001, 05:27 PM
If you are doing 2 sets I would stick with 135 on both for next week.When I get 9 reps on my first set of bench presses I jump up 10 pounds next week.

Chris Rodgers
02-15-2001, 10:25 PM
Go by feel. If when you are warming up you feel good, go for the heavier weight. The main thing is that you focus on progression. Either add more reps or more weight as often as possible!

Joe Black
02-16-2001, 02:19 AM
Budiak, I normally whack some more weight no when I get to about 9 - 10 reps... Then normally another 5 lb's will know me down to 6 and I will keep lifting till I get to 10 with that weight...

Its all personal.. If I got 8 last time and I go in and feel strong no my warm ups I will throw a bit extra on anyhow..

Somtimes I get 6 with it , other tmies I get 4, and shoot for 6 next time.. It all depends.,...

Again go with how you feel.. Just keep progressing :)