PDA

View Full Version : 16 year old, need help :-\

werd
05-31-2004, 04:49 PM
Ive played football most of my life excluding this past year... ive always had a pretty decent upper body but NEVER satisfied with how i am. 6 or so months ago i weighed around 175, and decided i needed to cut because there is no reason to have that kind of weight outside of sports... i now weigh 127 or so - no working out involved just heavy heavy dieting and smoking for metabolism. Anyhow, what it all boils down to is im still not happy. From the front, i always look thick - but yet at the side i appear so much thinner... im not really looking to be big just a lean cut physique - on a side note working out wouldnt be a problem as i have most of my teenage life..

werd
05-31-2004, 04:52 PM
5'7 - 5'8 127 pnds

Chest - guessing 34-36, was 46 ( what a year of NO physical activity does to you)
Biceps - 13 inches pumped
Legs - 18 inches?? not sure
waist - 26 inches

SalahG
05-31-2004, 04:57 PM
Ive played football most of my life excluding this past year... ive always had a pretty decent upper body but NEVER satisfied with how i am. 6 or so months ago i weighed around 175, and decided i needed to cut because there is no reason to have that kind of weight outside of sports... i now weigh 127 or so - no working out involved just heavy heavy dieting and smoking for metabolism. Anyhow, what it all boils down to is im still not happy. From the front, i always look thick - but yet at the side i appear so much thinner... im not really looking to be big just a lean cut physique - on a side note working out wouldnt be a problem as i have most of my teenage life..
Ok, first of all, QUIT SMOKING! If you want a metabolism booster, use thermogenics, these are more effective than ciggarettes with much fewer health risks if taken properly. Second of all, get on a weight training regiment, try the WBB routines for begginers. They are very low volume, but if you have not been working out, they will work wonders to your body. Last but not least, BULK, eat approximately 6 small meals a day, and try to cram in 1.5 times your body weight in protein.

On a postive note, consider your self lucky to be as lean as you are. Basically, you don't have to reshape your body like most of us do carrying excess body fat, you just have to add muscle mass. Good Luck!

werd
05-31-2004, 05:17 PM
Ive lifted weights for the past 5 years, i actually jumped on a bench about a month ago for ****s, i still can throw up 185 pounds, just a matter of getting off my lazy ass working out and eating right... which is also a delimma. Protein? I guess Fish, peanuts, egg whites, chicken breast would be a good source? Protein is a mystery to me, fill me in.

Hercule
05-31-2004, 06:30 PM
lmao @ smoking for boosting metabolism. I agree w/ salah, stop the smoking and use Thermogenics. Aim for at least 1g of protein per pound of BW, 1.5 may be just a little excessive. Since you are bulking, really get a LOT of carbs, healthy fats too.

Protein-
Chicken
Turkey
Pork
Beef
Fish

Carbs-
Rice
Rice Cakes
WW Bread
Oatmeal
Potatoes

Good Fats-
Peanuts
Fish Oil
Olive Oil
Flax Seed Oil
Avocadoes

Good luck bro. I agree w/ Salah, you're lucky that you are lean. I as well am reshaping my body, and getting rid of flab.

McFerret85
05-31-2004, 06:38 PM
That's a decent arm measurement for your weight, and a really great bench for your weight. If you quit smoking and eat lots and cleanly like Hercule suggests and keep lifting like a madman, you'll regain most of that football muscle while adding minimal fat. You should look pretty impressive in just a few months. It sounds to me as though you want to shoot for about 155 and 8% bf.

Here are some goals for you:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=47696
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46202

d3adp
05-31-2004, 06:41 PM
we have almost the same measurement but i look a lot different. weird.

hard to tell with the pics though.

edit: i am 5'7 135 lbs.

Jasonl
05-31-2004, 06:48 PM
There is no real need for thermogenics at your age. A good "bulking" diet(if you're unsure, run a search, lots of info) is what you need. Also, it may be in your best interests to pick up some creatine. Other than protein powder and maybe creatine, there is really no need for any other supps. Just eat a lot of good whole foods and lift like a mad man in the gym.

SalahG
05-31-2004, 08:09 PM
There is no real need for thermogenics at your age. A good "bulking" diet(if you're unsure, run a search, lots of info) is what you need. Also, it may be in your best interests to pick up some creatine. Other than protein powder and maybe creatine, there is really no need for any other supps. Just eat a lot of good whole foods and lift like a mad man in the gym.
Most likely it is true that he doesn't need thermogenics, but if it's between that and smoking...

werd
05-31-2004, 08:56 PM
smoking is oh so good though :(... ill feel it in my workout tomorrow for sure however

HahnB
05-31-2004, 10:08 PM
You look pretty lean, my question is why in the world would you cut down 50lbs? If you were 175 you must have really starved yourself to drop 50lbs, you need to start eating big time and get some of that back.

BCC
06-01-2004, 12:15 AM
Maybe I'm the only one picking up on this...or perhaps it is just his own miscommunication of goals, but I think he may have an eating disorder.