PDA

View Full Version : Milk...

Ğragons
06-02-2004, 09:37 AM
while im cutting should i be drinking any milk? i mean what do people here who are cutting, eat for breakfast?

Manveet
06-02-2004, 10:19 AM
Some people tend to shy away from milk while cutting because of the crappy carb content.

Usually for breakfast you would want something from all macros, so:

Some low GI carbs (oats)
Some protein (either whey, or egg whites)
some fats, or EFAs (olive oil, fish/flax oil)

Ğragons
06-02-2004, 10:28 AM
i normally have 3-4 egg whites anyway, i was just wondering iff there was anything else incase i got sick of them ;P

ecliptic
06-02-2004, 04:06 PM
ive been eating eggs every morning for the past 1.5 years. They do get old but they are definitly worth eating for the nutritional purpose.

Jfresh
06-02-2004, 04:51 PM
some people respond differently to milk during cutting. i would recommend if considering its use to limit it to skim or non fat.

Vido
06-02-2004, 05:24 PM
Usually for breakfast you would want something from all macros, so:

Some low GI carbs (oats)
Some protein (either whey, or egg whites)
some fats, or EFAs (olive oil, fish/flax oil)

If you're keeping fat and carbs separate (which I think one should do), this would not be the case.

Vido
06-02-2004, 05:25 PM
some people respond differently to milk during cutting. i would recommend if considering its use to limit it to skim or non fat.

As Manveet said, it is the "crappy carbs" in milk that make it non-ideal when cutting. That being said, the higher the % of fat in the milk (2% or even whole milk), the lower the # of carbs. Thus, I would actually recommend the milk with the highest fat content.

shootermcgavin7
06-02-2004, 10:28 PM
I usually mix my protein shake with milk.

When I'm cutting, I mix with water. In my opinion, I'd rather eat the extra calories as real food than drink it as milk, especially when I'm cutting.

Vido
06-02-2004, 11:55 PM
Yes, whole food is more likely to keep you satiated.