PDA

View Full Version : hello help

Ami_27
06-02-2004, 10:29 AM
:whip: i do dome research
some of the pepole tell me to eat onley one meal of 25 to 50 g crab(30 to 60 min)before going to gym

and some pepole tell me to tack whey+dextrose after the gym??

and some pepole tell me to eat before the gym 25 to 50 g crab and after the gym also to tack a whey+dextrose ??

i really dont know what to do alot of pepole tell me soooo difference thing??

mabey some one that have really expeirence what the best to do...

pls i wont to start and i dont know how to do it...

p.s- i do alot of serching here and i dont get the anser .....

so pls hellp...

SquareHead
06-02-2004, 11:08 AM
I dont really see why crab meat would have any specific advantage to any other protein source as a pre-workout food.
The idea of taking a protein shake w/ dextrose after working out to spike insulin in the hopes of shuttling more nutrients to the muscles.

bc2004
06-02-2004, 11:15 AM
he meant carb and not crab

JTyrell710
06-02-2004, 02:46 PM
i thought the idea of taking carbs post workout was to replenish gly. stores so that the protein you eat isnt turned into energy, and is turned into muscle.

lol i cant even tell if squarehead is kiddin

Jfresh
06-02-2004, 05:20 PM
quick carbs will lead to an insulin spike. those who are familiar with insulin know that it increases the rate at which nutrients are uptaken.(is that even a word?) i run a post workout shake with 50 g hydro-whey 60-70 g dextrose 10 g creatine and 5 g glutamine. the dextrose is the quick carb in this scenario.

ami 27 welcome to the board. hopefully you find your thread since it was moved to see your answers. there are many ways to look at your question. i personally take a shake after the workout. i know of people that take a shake pre and post workout. i would say it depends on your eating schedule and training schedule. i try to eat every 3-4 hours. usually prior to the gym i have taken a 50g protein shake about 1.5 hours prior. if you have not eaten within like 3 hours i would consider a preworkout meal or shake about an hour prior to working out. hope this helps...... good luck!