PDA

View Full Version : Keep protein shake next to bed??

Allyrulez
06-02-2004, 04:37 PM
I am a disturbed sleeper and wake up a lot during the night... Just wondering if i kept some protein source next to the bed, and drank it whenever waking up, would i benefit from extra growth?? Or is this just stoopid??

ryuage
06-02-2004, 04:53 PM
as long as you arent waking yourself up purposely to drink the shake... it couldn't hurt to do it.

Severed Ties
06-02-2004, 05:01 PM
Agreed it's a good idea if your up but don't set an alarm to wake you up for it.

Make sure it's just moderate sized serving of protein 20-25grams with no carbs or fat.

ST

KingJustin
06-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Isn't it going to be hot and unmixed?

Vido
06-02-2004, 11:56 PM
It'd be room temperature which isn't a big problem. If it became unmixed a little, he would just shake it again.

KingJustin
06-03-2004, 08:01 AM
I guess I'm just used to having all my shakes from the blender. I'm spoiled (not the milk) I guess.

manowar669
06-03-2004, 08:12 AM
I get during the night also. Since I always have a supply of hardboiled eggs in the refridgerator, I just grab two or 3 of them, I just eat the whites though. Sometimes I drink a 8oz of nonfat milk.

BulkMeUp
06-03-2004, 08:51 AM
if i kept some protein source next to the bed, and drank it whenever waking up, would i benefit from extra growth??
I agree with the above posts, that if you are not doing it deliberatly, then it would be fine. But more important, personally, i would try investigate and find a solution as to why you are having disturbed sleep. Remember that growth hormones are primarily released during deep sleep. hence a good nights' rest is important for growth and recovery. :nod:

Allyrulez
06-03-2004, 04:06 PM
I agree with the above posts, that if you are not doing it deliberatly, then it would be fine. But more important, personally, i would try investigate and find a solution as to why you are having disturbed sleep. Remember that growth hormones are primarily released during deep sleep. hence a good nights' rest is important for growth and recovery. :nod:

I cant sleep because I hardly ever get laid!

I'll set up some protein tonight, hopefully i can exploit my disorder. Will be interesting to see if it makes a difference

Budiak
06-03-2004, 05:00 PM
I have the same problem. I often keep a glass of milk by my bed for such an occasion.

By 'glass' of milk I mean 'a quart' of D milk, which, by the time I drink it, becomes either lukewarm or room temperature. Sounds disgusting, yeah, but its calories and it helps me sleep.

How DARE you judge me!

Scarface
06-04-2004, 12:13 AM
Actully i remember something about warm milk triggering something in your body and making you drowsy.

Thunderwulf
06-04-2004, 08:22 AM
Have some parmalat next to your bed if your worried about the milk spoiling.

When is someone going to come up with the protein IV?

mickyjune26
06-04-2004, 09:12 AM
I heard that it's bad to take wieght gainer before bed because of the simple sugars.

Should I stick with whey protein shake?

chris mason
06-04-2004, 07:46 PM
Well, it won't hurt anything, but it isn't really necessary either. Just make sure you are not waking up in anticipation of drinking your shake.