PDA

View Full Version : Wondering if cutting is ideal at my BF%

drunkenjames
06-03-2004, 01:50 PM
Hi everyone,

I've been bulking for sometime now. 2 years back I used to be 135 lbs, 5'8". Currently I'm 184 lbs, 5'8".

My bodyfat is at 20% now. I don't know what it used to be back then, but you could definitely see my abs completely. Now all you can see is a little bit at the top,below that is a small belly.

Muscle-wise, I had good gains. I can lift heavier than ever before. From a glimpse, I don't appear fat. Just have a belly and a little fat over my muscles.

Would any of you recommend going for a cut to get my BF down to a good level before starting a bulk again? Or to continue bulking a bit more?

Thanks for your help ppl.

Shark
06-03-2004, 01:57 PM
Cut to 10-12% and then start bulking again. That being said, if you can see your abs at the top of your midsection you're probably not 20%.

drunkenjames
06-03-2004, 02:15 PM
I got the BF % number from some soldiers here at my post.

See, in the Army, for my height I can't be more than 170 lbs, they consider anything over that overweight. So they had to tape me.

After measuring my neck and waist they said "you're 20%"..

so I'm taking their word for it.

fishbrains
06-03-2004, 02:44 PM
yeah... I am about 15% and I can see minor abs up in my higher chest.

I say you should definetly cut! 10-12% should be good.. But I dont believe you get a full 6 pack that way.. (what is the BF% for a 6 pack? 6-9%?)

Budiak
06-03-2004, 05:04 PM
I'm 5'4" and I'm 61lbs overweight.

Too bad that the army is prone to semantic folly. It doesn't seem like you really have a choice in the matter to me. I say you start losing some pounds.