PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question?

debussy
06-03-2004, 06:58 PM
This may be a dumb pizza... but I see people bash pizza all the time. What's wrong with it? Dough, some tomato, and cheese are what make up pizza... sounds find to me. I really wanna know.

Augury
06-03-2004, 07:05 PM
depends on how many calories you can eat for the day but:

cheese: mostly saturated fats. lots of it. high calories.

doh: mostly saturated fats (unless they were kind and made it with vegtable oil in which case it will be polyunsaturated and trans fatty and still bad) and of course...high in calories.

there really isnt anything wrong with pizza....its just high in calories and dosnt have the best macronutrient ratio. a bit heavy in fat and a bit light in protein.

the other thing is the packets/restraunt never tell you what the breakdown of your pizza actually is so how can you budget for it?

Augs

Jasonl
06-03-2004, 07:29 PM
Most pizzas you will get from pizza joints are terrible. Super high in calories, loaded with saturated AND trans fats, sodium, cholesterol, the bread is almost always a high GI carb.

Vido
06-03-2004, 11:39 PM
Most pizzas you will get from pizza joints are terrible. Super high in calories, loaded with saturated AND trans fats, sodium, cholesterol, the bread is almost always a high GI carb.

All true, and if you follow the rule of not mixing carbs and fats then well...