PDA

View Full Version : Almost there...

ctarden
06-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Hey everybody,

I am no longer afraid to chill at the beach with my shirt off... About 4 months ago, I got my fatass off the couch and decided I was going to change my eating habits and start exercising religously...

Last week I went to Havasu and was stoked to be in decent shape... I have been lifting for 4 months now... Check out my before and after and let me know what you think... My goal was to get lean...

I still don't have the six pack, even though I work my abs so freakin hard... Oh well, everything else seems to be coming along... The recent picture was taken a few weeks ago, since then I started the UD2 which is working really well...

I think the major improvement is in my shoulder/arms/chest & Traps... I know you can't see my traps in the first photo, but believe me there was nothing special to see...

Thanks to everyone on this site for always providing good advice and support.. I have taken one week off for the first time in 4 months, and it feels good...

BigMatt
06-04-2004, 12:28 AM
Getting Lean,Great work!Now keep doing what works for you!

Songbird
06-04-2004, 10:50 AM
Big improvements all around. Lookin good man! :strong:

doctorcod
06-04-2004, 07:35 PM
yes sir, big improvement, nice work.

ctarden
06-04-2004, 11:33 PM
Thanks everybody... I took a week off to relax, but I plan on hitting it hard beginning Monday... I am actually bigger now, than in that picture... I have more thickness in my chest and arms due to creatine supplementation... I figured out the perfect amount, so I am not bloated at all...

Big Brother
06-05-2004, 12:27 AM
I am actually bigger now, than in that picture... I have more thickness in my chest and arms

Wow.. would love to see this. This guy is great motivation!

Shark
06-05-2004, 02:11 AM
arms look great in that after shot. what was your bf% in the first picture?

ctarden
06-06-2004, 11:45 PM
Big Brother & Crussow, thanks for the compliements...

My BF% in the first picture was like 21%, actually I was really embarrased when I got it measured...

Basically, for the first two months, I started a low carb diet (Atkins) and it worked well and I lost a bunch of fat... I still had some stubborn fat, but I also lost a lot of muscle, because I did not eat enough Protein... I was working my chest/arms/shoulders like 2-3 days a week... Abs 3 days a week, following http://www.musclemedia.com/training/BootCamp.asp workout... I also started running 3 days a week too..

The third month I started eating more protein (Whey Protein Shakes) and didn't stick to Atkins 100%, but really started cutting out the sugars... Soda, Candy everything, and I started drinking more water... Still, my carb intake was like 50-100 grams a day which is really low for most people... Kept, the same workout schedule, except I started taking V12 TriCreatine, Multivitamins and kept taking the Whey Protein...

The fourth month I cut down the cardio, cycled off the creatine for two weeks, and started working out my back and legs for the first time in the four months... I started reg. creatine (ran out of V12) the second two weeks, and began following the Ultimate Diet 2.0.... I think the cardio, was keeping me from being able to add muscle...

I just took a full week off, and I am going to begin lifting again tomorrow... Thanks for the support... My goal is <10%BF and I want to Bench 250...

ryuage
06-07-2004, 04:58 AM
great and noticable improvement, keep it up

geoffgarcia
06-07-2004, 09:13 AM
congrats on the improvement!

I still don't have the six pack, even though I work my abs so freakin hard..what is your ab routine? perhaps it might need to be examined? we all have abs under our fat...that said, they can grow like any other muscle. The key in getting them to grow is using the correct exercises...infinite incorrect exercise will never make them grow

denami
06-08-2004, 03:13 PM
he said he follows this ab routine:
Abs 3 days a week, following http://www.musclemedia.com/training/BootCamp.asp workout

im thinking of starting this too anyone else have any opinions on it?

JTyrell710
06-08-2004, 05:27 PM
yea i might do that, altho im startin to see results from weighted ones- i never know how many reps or sets i should do for weightd abs

ctarden
06-08-2004, 09:07 PM
congrats on the improvement!

what is your ab routine? perhaps it might need to be examined? we all have abs under our fat...that said, they can grow like any other muscle. The key in getting them to grow is using the correct exercises...infinite incorrect exercise will never make them grow

I work my abs 3-4 days a week, using a variety of different exercises... I do crunches, leg lifts, sit ups etc... I believe I have good abs, I just don't work hard enough on lowering the BF%... I mean I only run for 10-15 minutes 3 days a week... and I am at 10-11% BF right now... If I really tried bumping up the cardio significantly, it would be hard for me to continue to make gains in my arms and chest...

Catch 22... I could do it, but I would just need to eat like a mad man, and that gets expensive.... so, for me, as long as I have no love handles, and my arms and chest look good, then I am not as concerned about the ripped six pack... Also, some people are genetically gifted, unfortunately I have to work really hard to get defined abs... I think they look better know than in the picture... My upper abs, obliques and lower abs seem to poke out a little, but I am sure if I was at 8%BF they would look great..

Thanks again everybody for all the encouraging comments... I have really worked hard for the past few months..