PDA

View Full Version : critique my diet...

Altered_Ego
06-04-2004, 11:29 AM
I am 22 years old, 170lbs 16%bf

http://njsr.org/pics/albums/userpics/10044/diet%7E0.jpg

Ğragons
06-04-2004, 12:32 PM
depends what yer doing i guess ;0, but iff your tryna add some weight, its errrrr not good ;)

Altered_Ego
06-04-2004, 12:40 PM
im in my cutting stages right now...well...will be in about 2 weeks.

geoffgarcia
06-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Did you make that up yourself?
It looks like someone took some time putting it together but there are a few gaping problems with it...

Your hours of eating seem to be spaced out at anal levels...if your a newbie I can honestly only see you sticking with this for a few weeks as it could be rediculously hard to keep to...stick with 6 meals a day, 10 is just hard to stick to.

your fats are WAY to low, your going to have major hormonal problems under 50g at your size/age, get them up to 70g

raise your carbs up to at least 150
and drop your proteins accordingly.

Also raise your calories up into the 2600 calorie range

ABB RTD is milk protein and glutamine...I think u could do better for an anabolic post workout shake IMHO

For an AM/PM shake you can do better than just micellean which is a combo of Milk protein, whey protein, Casein and glutamine. For 17$ a pound

Also u need to take a greater variety of colored fruits and veggies, rather than taking 345g of broccoli per day, take 40-50g each of a red, green, blue, yellow, orange, etc rainbow colored variety of fruits/veggies.

nitpicking:
in the AM u want to get protein into your system asap to kick u outta catabolism, that said, switch the casein shake and your egg whites
PM, you want to have whole food as late as possible, so switch the order again of your shake and whole foods.

Your sleeping time is when your muscle heal and regenerate...so waking up at 6am to take a shake and disturbing your sleep pattern for this might do more harm than good....

Jasonl
06-04-2004, 01:00 PM
I agree with geoff. You should add quite a bit of fat and carbs. I would suggest getting about 10g of fat just from fish oil caps, spread throughout the day. With your calories that low, your metabolsim will probably crash in no time.

Altered_Ego
06-04-2004, 01:01 PM
Thanks bro. And yes, I did this myself. I have been on diets about this strict for up to 6 weeks before.

What other protein shake(s) would you recommend? So you say to switch up the foods. As in take the protein as soon as I get up and then the egg whites? Getting up at 6 is when I have to get up. I have to be at work at 7:30 and sometimes I will go jogging before work. I normally get in bed at 10-10:30pm every night.

What fruits would you add? Thanks!

Frozenmoses
06-04-2004, 01:08 PM
What everyone else has said. I'd add some dextrose to your PWO shake too.

geoffgarcia
06-04-2004, 01:11 PM
Well if you can keep up that timeline for a diet more power to you, I wish I could! I know I've tried! its just to many pitstops to the fridge throughout the day *hahaha*

for an anticatabolic shake you'd want to get protein from as many sources as possible you are isolating yourself to just milk based proteins it appears and your diet is devoid of proteins found in and beef, soy. You can also get protein from hemp and rice.
By getting a greater variety I would imagine (I could be wrong) that you'd be getting a more rounded amino acid pool as well as varying degrees of bio availability and digesting rates.

You can make your own formula by buying these powders or look for products that highlight their anticatabolic "ness" of their formulas.

yah I'd take the protein first as it would probably digest slightly quicker than eggs...although its a tough call, both are liquids...I just assume the eggs might have a little fat that might slow the digestion process...

As far as fruits and veggies just go for an assortment of color. The colors seem to determine to a certain extent the various phytochemicals stored within, which are the greatest benefit we get from veggies/fruits that can't be supplemented into a diet. The fiber/vitamins/minerals we can get from other sources.

Adding some fat to your anticatabolic shake will help slow the digestion process

Bboy486
06-04-2004, 01:23 PM
What everyone else has said. I'd add some dextrose to your PWO shake too.

Wouldnt you like dextrose pre work out and not post?

"Dextrose is glucose sugar refined from corn starch. Dextrose is a sweetener and a readily available source of energy. Dextrose is produced by the enzyme conversion of corn starch and then refined by ion-exchange demineralization."

Altered_Ego
06-04-2004, 01:24 PM
Awesome! In my office at work I have my own fridge, microwave, and oven..so that is not a problem at all.

I will re-construct it and let you guys know what I come up with. Once again..thanks!

Dedicated
06-04-2004, 01:24 PM
Geoff pretty much covered everything, although I would say to shoot for 2400 cals on workout days and 2200 cals on rest days instead of 2600 everyday. I would think 2500-2600 would be maintenence intake for you. This is of course, assuming you are cutting. If you are just maintaining and/or trying to get bigger start at 2600 and adjust from there.

Jasonl
06-04-2004, 01:29 PM
Wouldnt you like dextrose pre work out and not post?

"Dextrose is glucose sugar refined from corn starch. Dextrose is a sweetener and a readily available source of energy. Dextrose is produced by the enzyme conversion of corn starch and then refined by ion-exchange demineralization."
Dextrose is good post-workout as well, as it helps replenish muscle glycogen.

Bboy486
06-04-2004, 01:47 PM
Dextrose is good post-workout as well, as it helps replenish muscle glycogen.

Muscle glycogen is simplified sugar i thought. so your replacign one sugar for another?

Bboy486
06-04-2004, 02:04 PM
So refilling will prevent the dextrose from forming into fat (sugar that becomes fat)?

Altered_Ego
12-13-2005, 10:16 AM
been awhile since I have last posted here is some updated pics

Built
12-13-2005, 10:45 AM
WOW!

You look incredible!

Davidelmo
12-13-2005, 04:33 PM
16% body fat?

Doesnt look like it in the pics!

Optimum08
12-13-2005, 06:41 PM
impressive v-taper on the first pic...

deeder
12-13-2005, 08:14 PM
and you're cutting WHY?

Bohizzle
12-13-2005, 11:16 PM
read the dates!!!! OMGZooRZ CuTtInG iS t3h N0T nEeDeD!!! .. to the op - looking great, great muscle mass while still being very lean! do u have any stats? weight/height/lifts? keep up the good work

Andrew

Altered_Ego
12-14-2005, 10:22 AM
thanks guys, its been a pretty long year! Close to 5'9 and my weight is 218 right now lifts havent max'd out in quiet sometime now

Altered_Ego
12-14-2005, 10:23 AM
WOW!

You look incredible!

your abs are incredible!

Bob
12-21-2005, 06:58 AM
Awesome progress man... >40 lbs in 18 months... and there is no way you are 18% bf, looks like 7 or 8%..

Where's the tires? Upper body has great proportions..

Altered_Ego
12-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Awesome progress man... >40 lbs in 18 months... and there is no way you are 18% bf, looks like 7 or 8%..

Where's the tires? Upper body has great proportions..

dont really want to get on legs right now that will come later. my legs lack extremely behind due to some injuries I am still trying to get over. Thanks for the props on the progress!

RamRom
12-23-2005, 09:59 AM
hair has to go :)

monotone
12-24-2005, 10:22 PM
the V taper in the first pic is sick man.... awesome physique

Altered_Ego
01-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Thanks guys