PDA

View Full Version : Nuts

Ğragons
06-07-2004, 09:07 AM
ok so hearing nuts are a good source of fat, what sort of nuts are they?
i mean peanuts seem to have hell of a lot of salt in them, well all nuts seem to be covered in salt...

this cant be good right?

can someone clear this up for me

TheGimp
06-07-2004, 09:09 AM
Here's a crazy idea:

Buy unsalted nuts.

EDIT:

Most nuts are good for some reason or another. Almonds are the best I would say given their protein content and good proportion of monounsaturated fat. Walnuts are a good way to supplement your EFA intake. Pistachios are a good source of fibre. Just eat the nuts you like.

Also peanuts aren't nuts, they're legumes. Nutrition wise something like almonds would be better.

Y2A
06-07-2004, 09:17 AM
Unsalted nuts, man. :)

Ğragons
06-07-2004, 09:38 AM
Here's a crazy idea:

Buy unsalted nuts.

EDIT:

Most nuts are good for some reason or another. Almonds are the best I would say given their protein content and good proportion of monounsaturated fat. Walnuts are a good way to supplement your EFA intake. Pistachios are a good source of fibre. Just eat the nuts you like.

Also peanuts aren't nuts, they're legumes. Nutrition wise something like almonds would be better.

istand corrected ;p

lex
06-07-2004, 10:22 AM
Most nuts are good for some reason or another.

he should just get mixed nuts no?

the doc
06-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Here's a crazy idea:

Buy unsalted nuts.

EDIT:

i would strongly echo the advice. Most processed nuts are much to salty for me