PDA

View Full Version : It's been awhile...some new pics

Maroon
06-08-2004, 04:24 PM
It's been awhile since I last posted on this board. I believe it was back in December sometime. Back then, I was around 210 lbs. I've been working hard the past six months and have gotten down to around 200 lbs. These pics are of my chest and back after my workout yesterday.

I'd appreciate your comments and responses. Oh yeah, ignore the tighty whities.

Y2A
06-08-2004, 06:48 PM
This love has taken its toll on me... oops, sorry Maroon (5), looking big man!!

Beast
06-08-2004, 08:23 PM
lol y2a.

maroon, your back is impressive!

Maroon
06-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the comments guys!

Maroon
06-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Just posting some pics of my legs since I posted some shots of my upper body. Appreciate any comments and/or suggestions.

Jezmason
06-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Scarily huge calves and back dude, nice 1!

StevenEric
06-09-2004, 12:45 PM
Maroon is just one big dude. Period. Finished. Complete. End of thought.

Maroon
06-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Scarily huge calves and back dude, nice 1!

Thanks Jexmason, I try to hit my cavles two times a week, basically doing calve raises on a leg press machine at around 340 lbs. and doing shin raises (to hit the front part). For the past several weeks, I've been breaking my back routine into two workouts, one for thickness and the other for width. I'm just experimenting with it and have been getting good results thus far.

Maroon
06-09-2004, 01:35 PM
Maroon is just one big dude. Period. Finished. Complete. End of thought.

Thanks!, but keep in mind that I'm only around 200 lbs.

Jezmason
06-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Sounds interestin, whats your full routine lookin like, i need some inspiration after a week off and its also routine changing time...

ryuage
06-09-2004, 05:59 PM
looking big and lean there.

Maroon
06-09-2004, 10:08 PM
Sounds interestin, whats your full routine lookin like, i need some inspiration after a week off and its also routine changing time...

I typically try to change my routine every 6 to 8 weeks, just to keep my muscles off guard. There are some exercises that I do all the time (flat bench and squats) in which all I do is either change its placement in the routine (from first to midway or last) or do drop or supersets instead of regular sets. My regular training journal is on the web URL listed in my signature. Right now, my routine looks similar to this.

MONDAY = Back (width exercises such as pullups and lat pulldowns, lower back extensions), Chest (incline db press, flat bench press, and decline db press or dips), Hams (leg curls, bilateral and/or unilateral)

TUESDAY = Day off (might do cardio)

WEDNESDAY = Back (thickness exercises such as rows), Shoulders (db or machine press, bent-over lat raises, upright rows, front raises, side lateral raises), Calves (seated raises)

THURSDAY = Biceps (cable curls, barbell curs, hammer curls, incline db curls...I'll usually pick 3 to do), Triceps (close-grip bench, lying tri extensions, cable pushdowns)

FRIDAY = Abs (weighted crunch, weighted knee raises), Traps (machine or barbell shrugs), Glutes (db width squat or floor raises)

SATURDAY = Quads (squats or leg presses, leg extensions), Calves (seated cavle raises and shin raises)

Feel free to PM or email me if you have any questions.

Maroon
06-09-2004, 10:08 PM
looking big and lean there.

Thanks, just need to lean up a little more.

Jezmason
06-10-2004, 08:33 AM
ThanX man, how many excersises u do each for back on different days

Jezmason
06-10-2004, 10:16 AM
I was thinkin about doin it for different bodyparts. For example hit lats one day, middle back another, bis one day, brachialis another, hams one day, quads another, upper chest one day, lower chest another etc, what do ya think?

Maroon
06-10-2004, 05:19 PM
Jezmason,

For the back, I would break it into a workout concentrating on width and another concentrating on thickness. On width, do pullups and pulldowns, and for thickness, do any row movement such as barbell rows, db rows, or cable rows. The row movements will also help you with your chest strength.

Some people train their biceps and triceps on different days. I have mixed reactions to this, but you basically have to do what feel best to you. Personally, I train mine on the same day because I feel my arms best respond to it since the blood is already flowing to this area. My arms are so swollen after an arm workout.

I would suggest training chest on the same day. I haven't seen many people breaking their chest routine into separate days. Make sure to do an exercise that hits the upper, middle, and lower pecs.

I'm an advocate of training hams and quads on separate days. In the past, I would train them both on the same day, beginning with the quads. By the time I got to the hams, I was so tired and my energy zapped that I could not effectively do any ham work. Since moving the hams on a separate day, I have gotten good response b/c I can train them heavier than in the past.

Hope this helps.

Jezmason
06-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Yeah, ive got a routine down on the main forum...http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?p=812864#post812864 Thanks for the advice, im still a fan of back/bi chest/tri coz of the rows prefatiguing the bis and the presses prefatiguing the tris but whatever works for u, and it definetly has been working for u lol

Maroon
06-10-2004, 09:24 PM
No problem, another tip that I recommend is doing close-grip exercises for the triceps, more especially the close-grip bench press. Close-grip tri exercises are good for helping with bench press strength, since you're using your triceps indirectly in bench press movement.