PDA

View Full Version : When cutting, do you eat more cals on workout days?

TiGeR AK
06-09-2004, 05:25 AM
I'm wondering.. when you are on a cutting diet..

should you eat slightly more calories to offset the calories burned during lifting sessions than on rest days where you don't workout?

Is it acceptable to eat slightly more calories on workout days than rest days?

Max-Mex
06-09-2004, 07:47 AM
I do. Problem is, it's hard to estimate how many calories you burn when working out. I usually under estimate, to play it safe.

Y2A
06-09-2004, 08:15 AM
When Im cutting OR Im bulking, theres always more cals on workout days. No "pre-workout" calories if I dont work out...

Vido
06-09-2004, 05:38 PM
There's no right or wrong answer. If you want to do this, whether cutting or bulking, it's completely up to you.

TiGeR AK
06-09-2004, 05:40 PM
http://www.nutristrategy.com/activitylist.htm

i use this website to get a very ROUGH estimate of how many cals i burn..

so for example if it says i burn 600 cals weightlifting.. i usually underestimate it like 200 or so calories.. so make it 400.. and then eat accordingly.

that should be okay right? not going to mess up my cut?

i don't want to get TOO MUCH into a deficit and start to catabolize muscle.. so i want to keep it as consistent as possible.

Vido
06-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Well you could just eat slightly more every day and not worry about it. It's more important that you're around your target number of calories for the week than for one day.

Alke
06-09-2004, 08:35 PM
I dont eat more, but I will eat more carbs the night before a leg day as a sort of carb load.

and drinking a mixture of maltodextrin and dextrose during the workout keeps my energy high while cutting.