PDA

View Full Version : Progress(?) Pics

rich
06-09-2004, 10:50 AM
This is a before and after of my upper half

The first one was taken some time last year.
The second I took yesterday.

Haven't been working out nearly as much as I should lately but I think my diet is getting where it should be and manage to keep up with the bench presses and calf raises.

How am I doing?

JTyrell710
06-09-2004, 10:56 AM
your doin pretty well
the pecs are the biggest change i see
its hard havin skinny wrists aint it?

Rock
06-09-2004, 10:58 AM
Looks like good improvement, I can clearly see an OVERALL improvement, but, its hard to point out one area, arms and chest has taken the most of your gains.

What is your goal? champion of the world or just add some mass?, you can do both if you want, its all in your willpower.

rich
06-09-2004, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the replies

My goal - Just to get to average kind of size and maybe have a little extra muscle to top it off, so I look "good" and healthy rather than skinny and puney. People don't seem to see me any different yet which is kind of dissapointing but I'm 6ft3in so I guess it would take a lot for it to show like that (when clothed anyhow). The next goal is to build up my legs but that is another story.

P.S. Skinny wrists do suck! Having farmer sized hands doesnt help much either.

Rock
06-09-2004, 11:53 AM
Rich, lets say that you put 5days of every upcoming week the next year, and those 5days, wich is 80% of the week, you concentrate 100% on training, eating and sleeping, then you will, look great, as easy as that.

Jezmason
06-09-2004, 12:05 PM
Yeah, u look at lot better, much less scrawny. Scrawny people suck, they look pathetic!

Focused70
06-09-2004, 12:07 PM

P.S. Skinny wrists do suck! Having farmer sized hands doesnt help much either.

Amen, brother!

I feel your pain exactly. Maybe we were separated at birth? :)

Stash

mickyjune26
06-09-2004, 12:16 PM
You Can Do It!

Jezmason
06-09-2004, 12:21 PM
I have stupidly thin wrists for my familys size, were all naturally broad shouldered/stocky but all have womens wrists....

voodazz
06-09-2004, 02:16 PM
I too have skinny noodle wrists, but everything else is fine. Real pain in the @ss when doing deadlifts and heavy shrugs. :mad:

edge-man
06-09-2004, 03:44 PM
I found having skinny wrists an annoyance to begin with, but now I believe that the change in size from a large upper arm to a small wrist is more impressive than just a large arm in general. What do you guys think?

Jezmason
06-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Yeah, i suppose your right...it puts more emphasis on the size of your upper arm

edge-man
06-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Let us suppose we call the red lines "w", the width of the arm at point along the blue line "x".

With a small wrist, dw/dx, change in width with respect to displacement from shoulder, we can see that people with smaller wrists have a steeper gradient on a x/w graph than you guys with thicker wrists! Hah!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.edge3/change.jpg

mickyjune26
06-09-2004, 04:06 PM
New notice:
From this point forward, all posts must be accompanied by a graph, using values x, y to validate the posting.

j/k - thanks dude

JTyrell710
06-09-2004, 04:29 PM
hey uh it does look more impressive if you have 24 inch BI's but uhhh no dip****
think about it lol
it makes you arm just look smaller if your anywher under that, and if you have a shirt on- people think your tiny as hell.
the only advantage if some dude tries to fight you and he thinks your all skinny form your wrists, then you take off the shirt to reveal massive arms, he's gonna get his ass kicked..

Jezmason
06-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Haha, i wish i had arms like that, well, not quite as misshapen lol

doctorcod
06-23-2004, 11:12 PM
hey uh it does look more impressive if you have 24 inch BI's but uhhh no dip****
think about it lol
it makes you arm just look smaller if your anywher under that, and if you have a shirt on- people think your tiny as hell.
the only advantage if some dude tries to fight you and he thinks your all skinny form your wrists, then you take off the shirt to reveal massive arms, he's gonna get his ass kicked..

if you have big arms you are going to have big forearms, so its still going to look impressive with a shirt on.

antek
06-26-2004, 08:45 AM
i know how you feel i wasn't as skinny as you when I started out, but skinny nonetheless. how much do you weight? good luck on your progress man.

Allenronm
06-26-2004, 10:40 AM
I found having skinny wrists an annoyance to begin with, but now I believe that the change in size from a large upper arm to a small wrist is more impressive than just a large arm in general. What do you guys think?

Totally.

rafe
06-26-2004, 08:41 PM
I agree. If you have big arms that end in smallish wrists, it shows the amount of work you've put into working out, and is a tease as to what the rest looks like, imo. At least, that's my hope...I also have small wrists but arms are growing....

Rich, I see improvement, particularly with your lower chest.

:withstupi

Vido
06-26-2004, 09:13 PM
This is a before and after of my upper half

The first one was taken some time last year.
The second I took yesterday.

Haven't been working out nearly as much as I should lately but I think my diet is getting where it should be and manage to keep up with the bench presses and calf raises.

How am I doing?

The only difference I see is that you now have a tan.

rookiebldr
06-26-2004, 11:21 PM
bah Vido! He definitely has changed. Thicker and his chest has improved well.