PDA

View Full Version : What to eat before/after cardio?

mike107
06-09-2004, 10:21 PM
I just started cutting, thus I just started doing cardio (this is my first cut ever). I was wondering what I should be eating before and after cardio. I mean, do I need lots of protein and carbs right after cardio, like I would after weight lifting? Or does it matter if you don't get food soon after cardio? Basically what I'd like to know is what I'm supposed to eat before and after my cardio (my goal is to keep as much muscle as possible, and to lose fat).

Manveet
06-10-2004, 10:29 AM
If its low intensity cardio, go with protein+fat afterwards

mike107
06-10-2004, 12:34 PM
I am probably going to do HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). I've heard this is the most effective way to lose fat. Should I still eat the same?

Augury
06-10-2004, 12:49 PM
Hi mike. you are asking the right questions. i posted on a thread of yours on the training forum. Till we can see what you are eating through the day its hard to advise.

I just did HITT training about 30 mins ago and im just eating a normal meal. it happens to be low carbish cos thats the diet im following but ignore that really. cardio tends to make me hungry as hell....so i make sure i do cardio after several meals but also before another. i eat 4-5 times a day...so i just did my HITT about 2 hours after meal 3. I ate a bananna 30 mins before and then now im eating meal 4 about 30-40 mins after the cardio. By no means is what I am doing "correct". It just works for me.

At the end of the day....you have to eat the calories and foods you have budgeted to eat in the diet you are following. Just make sure you do your cardio with a little of that food in you (prefereably a quick digesting carb) and you are all set :)

Vido
06-10-2004, 05:23 PM
Protein + carbs after HIIT