PDA

View Full Version : Caloric Requirements and ProteinFactory.com

pastdoubt
10-16-2001, 09:56 AM
1) Okay, here is the deal. I've been cutting for the last few weeks. Well I set my daily intake at 2000 cals. Well, I've noticed at night I still get really hungry and will slightly pig out, but somehow I'm still losing around my waste. I'm only 5'11, 209lbs, you think it would hurt to bump my intake to 2500 cals per day?

2) Is ProteinFactory.com legit? Their prices on pure protein is gram for gram about 1/4th - 1/6th the price of the cheapest stuff at GNC, and if they are really legit this would save me MEGA bucks each month.

syntekz
10-16-2001, 10:23 AM
When you are cutting you're supposed to be getting hungry. (i.e. calorie defecit(sp)). But if it's really bothering you up your calories a bit and see if it you are still leaning out. Remember when you cut to slowly drop your calories and not just jump into a huge calorie defecit.

As far as I know protein factory is legit; I've never used them but others have on this board.

the doc
10-16-2001, 10:24 AM
i use 'em
i like 'em

just save your tubs and scoops as they ship it in plastic bags

pastdoubt
10-16-2001, 11:14 AM
What protein did you usually buy from them? I'm thinking about getting milk protein and calcium caseinate for two reasons 1) cheap 2) that's what's in these sweet ass shakes they sell at my old gym (the guy charged like $4.00 for them, but I could just travel 50 miles to the mall and get them for $1.50. Neither option was acceptable so I usually just stole them - only stole about 1 per every 2 I bought though so he wasn't losing anything... besides, at that price who was the REAL thief!!!)

the doc
10-18-2001, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by pastdoubt
What protein did you usually buy from them? I'm thinking about getting milk protein and calcium caseinate for two reasons 1) cheap 2) that's what's in these sweet ass shakes they sell at my old gym (the guy charged like $4.00 for them, but I could just travel 50 miles to the mall and get them for $1.50. Neither option was acceptable so I usually just stole them - only stole about 1 per every 2 I bought though so he wasn't losing anything... besides, at that price who was the REAL thief!!!)

I get a mix of 30% hydro and 70% CFM whey for post workout

I'm thinking of switching to whey concentrate though instead of cfm

I also get penta pro. But hey if you like that mix then get it

The point is to take enough so you have to be able to tolerate the taste/texture

Garza
10-19-2001, 09:01 PM
Protein factory screwed up my order and the stuff I bought tasted bad, AND for 50 dollars, I only got to make 10 shakes out of it. It requires 8 ounces, 1 cup, 250 ml for each serving, its a waste man, buy carb solutions, that stuff is great.

D-13
10-19-2001, 09:27 PM
man, youre not even eating 10 cals per pound of bw, depending on your lean mass and activity level, to LOSE fat you should eat anywhere from 12-17x your bodyweight, if your trainin hard and takin care of your "cardio" [i HATE that word, it sounds so mandatory]

Maki Riddington
10-19-2001, 09:31 PM
To low IMO.
Up them to 2500.
After 3 weeks drop em by 50 cals every week until you hit 2300.
Then add some cardio in.
After 3 weeks I would add some fat burners in.
Just my 2 cc's, uh I mean my 2 cents.:)