PDA

View Full Version : Hot Dogs

fevan
06-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Hey, just wondering what everyone thinks of hotdogs. Good protein, fats?? Anyone eat them in there diet or from time to time??

WillKuenzel
06-12-2004, 08:09 PM
I eat turkey hot dogs when bulking. Fat free, made with malto and dextrose with ground turkey. Protein isn't quite high enough but its a great supplement to a meal.

Dedicated
06-12-2004, 08:27 PM
I eat turkey hot dogs when bulking. Fat free, made with malto and dextrose with ground turkey. Protein isn't quite high enough but its a great supplement to a meal.
Never seen these, will have to try them out. I have had chicken hotdogs, they are pretty good also but they are not fat free. I think regular hotdogs would be a bad choice though because there are much better options. They are fairly calorie dense and high in saturated fats.

emjlr3
06-13-2004, 08:19 AM
hotdogs are baddd news.....stay away if at all possible....go to the healthy choice section of your grocery store they may have better hot dog options

meltedtime
06-13-2004, 09:04 AM
Tried a veggie dog a while back. Wasn't too bad and had 18g protein, low fat, low carb. Didn't taste anything like a hot dog, though. As far as regular dogs go, I avoid 'em like the plague. Eating pig lips and ***holes doesn't do a thing for me.

melt

waynis
06-15-2004, 05:19 PM
regular hotdogs are horrible for u. atleast go with a all beef hotdog or turkey hotdog. but still a lot of them are high in saturated fat. for the least fat go to a organic type store like whole foods. you can get dogs there low in fat. Dont ever try one of those soy dogs. they are the worst ever

fevan
06-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Thanks for your thoughts, I may have a look around and see what I find at the store.

WillKuenzel
06-15-2004, 06:29 PM
They don't have a lot of calories or protein but the carbs that are in them are good for pre or post workout. If you want a healthy hotdog, they're good to try. Toss on there some fat free cheese and a bit of chilli and you might have a better protein meal.