PDA

View Full Version : Cutting question(eugh!)

Jezmason
06-14-2004, 10:28 AM
What prot/carb/fat percentage should i be having while on a cut, im cutting at 1400 cals a day coz of my super slow metabolism, i know its not a lot but quiet about that and help please...

latinomasfino
06-14-2004, 12:15 PM
What prot/carb/fat percentage should i be having while on a cut, im cutting at 1400 cals a day coz of my super slow metabolism, i know its not a lot but quiet about that and help please...

how much do u weight??? also u should go with 40-50% Protein 30-40% carbs and 20% fat its wrokin for me been 2 months on my cut and im down to 160.5 from 175 from 19% BF to about 14-15 no noticeable loss of musle either and increase strentgth

HobbesAB
06-14-2004, 12:51 PM
If your calories are that low, I would make certain that you are taking in at least the 1g/lb body weight in protein. The rest of the calories can be split as you see fit between carbs and fat.

Jezmason
06-14-2004, 12:53 PM
I weigh about 238ibs, unsure exactly till wednesday

StealthRapt0r
06-14-2004, 01:07 PM
you need alot more calories than 1400

Augury
06-14-2004, 01:17 PM
Gods alive.

For a fast metabolism a cut can be done at about 14cal/lb. For folks with a slow metabolism then 12cal/lb is harsh.

that would mean to lose weight you should be on about 12 x 238 = 2850cals per day. 1400 is way way to low for you unless you KNOW for sure you HAVE to go that low to get any weight loss.

If you are working out 3-4 times per week and doing 2-3 times a week cardio i cant see how you could NOT lose weight at 2850 cal a day. The faster you try to lose fat the harder it bites you in the ass 6 weeks later when your met rate crashes totally.

i have been losing weight at 2100 a day and i ONLY weigh 137lbs. (im short)

Hope that helps.
Augs

Shao-LiN
06-14-2004, 01:53 PM
You're not eating enough for how much you weigh.

Jezmason
06-14-2004, 03:45 PM
Yeah, but it's mostly body fat...

raniali
06-14-2004, 03:56 PM
i don't think your nutrient ratios are going to make a difference with your cals as low as they are. you are essentially starving yourself. your body doesn't care what you are eating at this point - it is all going to be used to maintain life.

you will likely be more successful with a more balanced approach to your cutting. something this strict is 1) not healthy physically; 2) not healthy mentally, 3) not extremely effective at turning your body into the muscle god you desire.

ryuage
06-14-2004, 03:59 PM
didnt you just post a pre workout shake and claimed you didnt care how fat you got?

ryuage
06-14-2004, 04:01 PM
originally posted by YOU

Dodgy pre workout bars!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at this for the most thrown together recipe ever, i just lost my job so have little/no money and had to somehow scrape sumthin 2getha to have before a workout, this is what i came up with...mmm, full of sugar, fat, protein and carbs lol
1 tub cottage cheese
1/2 box of oats
2 uncooked eggs
1 small pot chocolate pudding
3 spoons milkshake mix
Loads of golden syrup/treacle
3 scoops icecream
Souns disgusting hey, and way unhealthy, but it actually didnt taste that bad and i have loads left! Woohoo, heres for me, who will never stop bulking and doest mind getting fat while doing so!
Then into the oven for a while...

Jezmason
06-14-2004, 04:26 PM
Yeah, but im now cutting for a personal reason, i didnt care then, but now i have a reason to cut.......and im not telling! lol. Nah, i was ok with the whole gaining weight thing but its got to the point where my gains arent visible due to excess BF which i realised yesterday. It also dawned on me that even though i'm getting built im not getting any fitter even though im doing cardio, and suffering from a hole in my heart and athma that isnt a good thing, so thanks for the unhelpful comment Ryuage but if your not gonna help then dont post in my thread!

Augury
06-14-2004, 04:33 PM
Ez Jez. he was prolly just confused by you posting about gaining weight and then wanting to lose it.

Seriously tho, listen to what the folks here are saying. At 1400 calories (even if you are high BF) your body will shut down your metabolism in a matter of a week. Maybee 2 if you get lucky. After that you will be in starvation mode and every calorie you consume will go to either keeping your vital functions alive or get stored as fat against the premise you are starving and your body dosnt know when its going to get fed propely again. it will shut down anything non-vital.

If you go at this too fat you will end up with negative results. eventually you will eat back at maintenance but your body will not jump out of starvation mode becasue it dosnt know if you have reached a food store thats temporary of permanent. So back at maintenance every single calorie you eat will go around your waist.

Do it slower...and you will shed fat and keep muscle.

Augs

latinomasfino
06-14-2004, 04:34 PM
yea man u shoudl atleast be eating around 2500 calories a day at the minimun...and for right now forget about cardio man just clean up ur diet and maintain working out wiht weights u will see a dropp in a few weeks..then when things start to slow down start doing cardio and cuttin down ur caloreis but for right now keep eating man

AllUp
06-15-2004, 07:37 AM
I'd go higher with the cals man. With cals that low you're gonna have problems. I'd start at about 2800 and gradually lower the cals weekly until; you're at about 2100/day - then slowly incorporate a week at maintenence with food coming from healthy sources.

Before you start I'd eat at maintenence for a week and a half to reset your metabolism. Right now it looks like it may have gone to s*** due to the low cal intake. Sure you may gain a pound or two, but if the end result is losing like 15 don't you think it would be worth it? :o

ryuage
06-15-2004, 05:22 PM
I'm bulking, becoming more fit, gaining endurance and stamina.... it's all how you do it, according to your bulking post a day before your cutting post that is the reason why you weren't becoming fit downing chocolate puding, syrup, and globs of ice cream.