PDA

View Full Version : which protein would you take??

T_Chapman
06-15-2004, 12:57 AM
i know that chicken, beef, fish are whole meals so theyre the best source of protein in general. but then lets say you were traveling and you dont have the privilege of eating whole meals unless you go to a fast food restaurant which is really a last resort.

so these are the only foods you have with you right now:

- whey protein
- skim milk
- beef jerky

which would you take and why?

Ebu
06-15-2004, 12:19 PM
Whey protein and skim milk. Beef jerkey has a TON of sodium in it.

AllUp
06-15-2004, 01:33 PM
Exactly... Jerky is TeH SuCk.

Also, if I was travelling, I would SURELY have some better protein sources in there. :p

PiKappaWRX
06-15-2004, 01:42 PM
why wouldn't you bring protein bars with you if you were traveling? also nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts) have some protein in them so go with those. you'll get tired of whey w/ milk really quickly so you have to have some other sources of protein, and they don't have to be pure protein, they can have fats and carbs in them.

T_Chapman
06-15-2004, 01:46 PM
why wouldn't you bring protein bars with you if you were traveling? also nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts) have some protein in them so go with those. you'll get tired of whey w/ milk really quickly so you have to have some other sources of protein, and they don't have to be pure protein, they can have fats and carbs in them.

whey shake is better than a protein bar because its the protein bar without the bar aka the calories.

i really dont like nuts because theyre so high in calories although they are healthy. i only eat nuts if i didnt get enough calories for the day which is very rare.

PiKappaWRX
06-15-2004, 01:54 PM
unless you're cutting you wont really worry about a few extra cals from fat that comes in the protein bars or about the good cals you're getting from the nuts. personally, i like the fact that nuts are high in cals because i'm always looking for foods to get good fats from and they are a great source of them. so as long as you're maintaining or bulking then go w/ the protein bars and nuts and there are many more foods that i'm not mentioning, just look at the sticky "what a BB eats"