PDA

View Full Version : seeing good cutting posts.

jimmyD
06-15-2004, 03:16 PM
I have a question on cutting also and yes i have read alot and been keeping up with the forums. I went to the doc maybe 1 month ago and found i had diabeties. I was around 280lbs. mostly fat. always have been fat. Well i instantly cut my calories to around 1400 (got a note to go to a dietician in OCT and be put on 1800cal.) so maybe if i atleast go back to around 1800 and really start my cardio and lifting will i still be hurt with the "starvation" mode? - i have lost almost 30lbs so far and kinda platuo at 248. I will have the money for the gym starting this fri. I am going to lose this weight and get "BIG" after i lose it. but i really just want to get the "bulk" of the fat gone. not like in 5 years which is probally how it would be if i followed the only lose 2-3 lbs a week "safe" diet! any suggestions will help!

embro
06-15-2004, 10:37 PM
Hello Jimmy, im no expert but you have diabet, you may want to meet a nutrition expert, that would be best for you, because you need #1 nutrition to reach your goal, all i can say is good luck, keep us tuned about your workout and progress, im sure you'll get addicted to the gym, you'll feel better and have more energy. Again, good luck.

Holto
06-16-2004, 10:47 AM
if you are on 1800 and losing weight at a good rate

then you would need to increase cals if you start cardio+weights

just keep an eye for symptoms of low blood sugar ie:headaches

a great way to add the cals is to take them around the workout

ie: a post/pre workout meal