PDA

View Full Version : cheat days...

syntekz
10-16-2001, 09:28 PM
How much do you think cheat days affect your diet? Say you are on a strict 3000 calorie diet mon - sat and than on sunday you eat pizza, mcdonalds, french fries, etc. etc. 4000 calories of crap basically.

How much would it affect a person? Not just mentally but phsyically as well.

(Personal experiences wanted...)

heathj
10-16-2001, 09:41 PM
Some say that one cheat day a week, helps increase your metabolism.

w8lifter
10-17-2001, 05:14 AM
I used to eat like that....just ate crap for my cheat day. Then I realized that getting sick every week was just not much fun. Not to mention the 5lbs of water weight was not good for the mind...

So now I usually just a have cheat meal or snack once or twice a week. I feel much better and don't get that sick to my stomach feeling anymore.

I think a cheat of some sort is good. It keeps you from feeling deprived and blowing the whole diet.

Wizard
10-17-2001, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by heathj
Some say that one cheat day a week, helps increase your metabolism.

Actually the carb overload effects the T3 levels which promotes a slight increase in the metabolism.The other copinions about cheat days and metabolism are absolutely bollox...

KKL
10-17-2001, 08:52 AM
having a cheat day once a week (or my fav., 1 out of every 4 days;)) wont do anything "bad" so you may as well. It lets you get in more protein than normal, and forfil your ben and jerry needs.

Spiderman
10-17-2001, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by w8lifter
Not to mention the 5lbs of water weight was not good for the mind...

Damn do I agree with that. ;) I can remember several times in the past few months wakin up and seein me holdin a bunch of water and havin to cut out a ton of sodium and be drinkin a lot of water just to shed it all to get back to normal.

Personally, I cheat for about 24 hours straight...granted, its not really as bad as some of you...but then again, its hard for me personally anyway. The worst thing I do is drink on a sat. nite. And eatin usually goes along with it.

Bam Bam
10-17-2001, 11:25 AM
when i was cutting i had a mon-fri strict diet( no carbs after 6pm) then ate whatever on weekends

now i cant lift so im eating whatever anytime and ive put on 14 lbs but still have abs and some muscles so i guess its not all bad