PDA

View Full Version : how do you know how much protein to take per meal?

T_Chapman
06-15-2004, 11:38 PM
how do you know how much protein your body can absorb at once? 20 grams? 30 grams? people say you'll notice fat gain but its hard to tell whether you gained the extra skin from actual fat or the calories.

WillKuenzel
06-15-2004, 11:50 PM
Extra calories = fat. And you don't know how much protein your body can absorb. It would depend on the protien type and how much other stuff you ate. There's no real answer except that if you are eating too much, then the extra calories will be converted to fat. Protein, carbs or fat. It won't matter. Too many calories means more fat gain.

I eat between 30-50g of protein per sitting. If I notice more fat gain. I just back down the calories from carbs or fats. I'd rather be overly safe with the protein than anything.

T_Chapman
06-16-2004, 12:54 AM
Extra calories = fat. And you don't know how much protein your body can absorb. It would depend on the protien type and how much other stuff you ate. There's no real answer except that if you are eating too much, then the extra calories will be converted to fat. Protein, carbs or fat. It won't matter. Too many calories means more fat gain.

I eat between 30-50g of protein per sitting. If I notice more fat gain. I just back down the calories from carbs or fats. I'd rather be overly safe with the protein than anything.

im so sorry but i didnt get what you were saying. heres what i think youre saying: if you eat too much calories in one sitting it will be converted to fat.

so does this mean that if i eat 60 grams of carbs, 30 grams of fat and then 30 grams of protein the 30 grams of protein will automatically just be converted to fat without going to my muscles???

TheGimp
06-16-2004, 02:37 AM
Basically it's impossible to say. I wouldn't worry about it and just aim to hit your macronutrient and calorie totals by the end of the day. Of course having all your protein for the day in one sitting is not a good idea, spread it out, but don't worry too much about it.

rapidshoter
06-16-2004, 06:27 AM
I just eat man i don't care, 34g+ protein per meal.

You gain fat whilst on a bulk.

Spartan936
06-16-2004, 09:30 AM
I shoot for 120 grams of protien a day, I eat six meals; so that means I should eat around 20 grams of protein per meal, although I probably get more. Your needs might be higher depending on your bodyweight. I'm only 120 lbs. Fat comes with muscle, so just eat. Bulking is fun.

Holto
06-16-2004, 10:38 AM
divide your totals

take total cals fat,protein,carbs and divide by your number of meals

if you gain fat you need to reduce total cals