PDA

View Full Version : Importance of Water

Batman
06-16-2004, 08:36 PM
I have been training for quite some time in order to get some definition in my abdominals. I have already bulked, and I'm now cutting. Ive almost reached my destination in weight, but am about 3-4% higher than I would like to be in BF%. I've read in many articles that to get better results you should drink at least a gallon or so of water ever day.

I was curious, will the abs show quicker if you drink this gallon every day, than they will if you drink say a half a gallon of water every day?

Thanks.

Jasonl
06-17-2004, 06:24 PM
Water won't shed the fat off your abs, diet will. Still, water is extremely important, try to get at least 1 gallon daily since you're training and consuming a larger amount of protein.

Augury
06-17-2004, 06:44 PM
Jason speaketh the truth.

water just helps keep you hydrated and mobilizes all of the nutrients in your body. its vital.

obviously pre-contest you would cut down on water so you get rid of subcutaneous water and the muscles show throught the skin more...but thats a very temporary effect. intentional dehydration.

if you have reached your target weight....then you should swap emphasis now at maintaining weight and losing bodyfat whilst keeping muscle weight. this is easier said than done. infact you cant really. even a program like UD2 which specifically targets fatloss whilst keeping muscle mass will lose you weight...cos if your muscle mass stays the same and you lose bodyfat then your weight must be going down.

Still....you seem to have things well under control. Congratulations on your sucesses so far :))

Augs