PDA

View Full Version : energy boost

Bboy486
06-17-2004, 08:22 AM
Hello all,

Just a quick question: I have been going hard at the gym for about a month solid now (not long,but I am dedicated)
I work a 8 hour job where I am sitting all the time, and I do not get any activity at all, the problem with that is my body physically gets tired of sitting all day, and when I go to the gym, i do not have that adrenaline spike to push myself as hard as I would like.

I was wondering if there is something I can take (natural, and not harmful) before the gym to increase my energy and or adrenaline.

Just a note I eat a pretty big meal before working out, usually a meat (steak, or chicken) a carb, and a veggie. I wait an hour then go to the gym. I just started this method and it is giving me more energy.

prof
06-17-2004, 08:46 AM
dextrose and wey before i go for me

snorre
06-17-2004, 11:30 AM
get malto,dex.. you know, HI gi carb, before,under, and after... and make sure you eat a very solid breakfast

Bboy486
06-17-2004, 12:17 PM
before, under, after... what are you talking about

Augury
06-17-2004, 12:25 PM
Try 30g of carbs (maltose+dextrose) + 15 grams whey in quite watery shake 30 mins before you go. Then suck another down straight after. (obviously make 2x as much and only drink half before and half after)

Eat your big meal as soon as you can cook it after the workout.
If you still need a kick...have a strong (double strength) cup of coffee about 15 mins before you train. I get jangly but it works if im feeling flat.

Augs