PDA

View Full Version : Egg question

Rufio90210
06-18-2004, 07:21 AM
how much is the average protein in an egg?

and what is the best way to cook eggs releasing its potential protein, i fry and do scrammbled ones.

TheGimp
06-18-2004, 07:30 AM
6g

3g in the white, 3g in the yolk. As far as releasing the protein, any method of cooking the egg should suffice. If you fry and scramble take into account the added calories from any oil you may be frying in. Hard boiling is good for making eggs to eat at a later date such as cooking up a batch at the start of the week. Also makes it handy for removing yolks. (Although as I said half the protein is in there. It's just a question of whether you can afford the additional calories).

Rufio90210
06-18-2004, 09:39 AM
6g is pathetic, id rather eat a can of tuna with 27g in then eatin aload of eggs. eggs suck now, im just stickin to tuna cans and chicken and whey protein.

BOOOOO to the eggs

lex
06-18-2004, 09:49 AM
eggs are great man..cook up 4 or 5 every morning and u have a great source of solid protein to add to your breakfast..u can only have at the most 2 cans of tuna a day..then what are u going to eat?

Rufio90210
06-18-2004, 01:01 PM
2 cans of tuna is more then 6 eggs in the morning

Augury
06-18-2004, 01:08 PM
i think he means 2 cans of tuna ANd the 6 eggs in the morning. who the hell wants to eat tuna for goddamn breakfast :(

scrambled eggs, thyme, black pepper, chillis. cottage cheese on the side. 2 slices of brown bread toasted. yum.

tuna schmoona. i eat tuna when ive run out of options. chicken is so much nicer. but then you can take tins of tuna anywhere. all you need is a tinopener and a fork and you have 30g of slow digesting protein.

blah.

waynis
06-18-2004, 06:34 PM
eggs are a great source of protein because they are slow release. eat the whole egg too!

ryan-
06-18-2004, 10:59 PM
i just started this last week. i took 2 dozen eggs, cracked them, stirred them up, and put them in a pitcher. so every morning i fire up the stove and just have to pour out the eggs. voila! scrambled eggs in well under 5 minutes!

mike107
06-19-2004, 12:51 AM
An egg has 6 grams of protein: 4g in the white, 2g in the yolk. And along with the white being higher in protein, it also only has 17 calories opposed to 57 calories in the yolk alone. These extra calories in the yolk are mostly from fat, as nearly all the 5g of fat in an egg are in the yolk. Eggs are a great source of protein, eat 'em up! Unless I'm really watching my calories, I like to eat the whole egg (even though that means more fat and calories), it's extra protein and it sure tastes better that way.

jimmyD
06-19-2004, 04:49 AM
I eat many egg whites because i love eggs .the reason i cannot eat the yolk at this time is my cholesterol is off the charts. I love the egg yolk but i give them to my coworkers as i am watching my weight fall! also i was at 280 and am now sitting at 242! maybe soon i will be able to eat the yolks.