PDA

View Full Version : another UD 2.0 question...

Jezmason
06-18-2004, 08:26 PM
Regarding thursday, i know u have to have 3/4 cals in the day before the workout, with 15g whey pre-workout, then 75g x2. But if u deduct this from total protein it leaves hardly anything for the morning, i know itsonly 3/4 tuesday-wednesdays cals but it means u have to make up most of the thursday AM cal intake from either carbs or fat, it cant be carbs, and that mucg fat cant be good, so do i just consume my BW in protein thursday AM, or reduce the amount of protein after the workout thursday pm (say reduce the recommended 75g to 25g as it seems excessive anyway).

Manveet
06-19-2004, 10:01 AM
I don't really understand your post. Anyways...

you eat 75% of what you were eating Mon-Wed.

Doesn't really matter how much protein of fat, just keep carbs down.

have your shake before the tension workout (30g carbs, 15g whey)

Go into the carb load. Keep fat extrememly low now, you could probably throw in a couple of protein shakes as well. By the time you hit the sack on thursday night you should have at least 1g protein per 1lb bodyweight, fat will be kinda moderate (mainly because of the higher fat intake during the early part of the day) and high carbs.

Augury
06-19-2004, 10:44 AM
basically what manveet said.

to paraphrase: you take in 3/4 of you protein content for the day before the workout. i tend to find that during the evening, just carbloading alone, not eating protein and not eating fat i get more than enough fat and protein from the tag a long in the carbs.

if you feel you are getting too much protein in the day, cut down the protein intake in the first 3 meals of the day. that would work. just eat half the protein from the depletion days. make sense?

Augs

Shao-LiN
06-19-2004, 11:05 AM
Your pre-workout shake doesn't count towards the daily caloric guidelines of UD2. You eat 75% of the calories, then a pre-workout shake, tension workout, refeed.

rapidshoter
06-19-2004, 11:15 AM
What is this Ultimate Diet 2.0 you guys always taking about?

TheGimp
06-19-2004, 12:18 PM
What is this Ultimate Diet 2.0 you guys always taking about?

A diet and workout routine that can be roughly described as a cyclical ketogenic diet. You can get the ebook from www.bodyrecomposition.com. It is quite advanced material but very interesting and the diet is very effective.

Jezmason
06-19-2004, 02:14 PM
What he said.

Vido
06-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Your pre-workout shake doesn't count towards the daily caloric guidelines of UD2. You eat 75% of the calories, then a pre-workout shake, tension workout, refeed.

Does everyone else who's doing the diet do it this way too? I count the pre-workout shake personally.

Manveet
06-20-2004, 07:53 PM
Does everyone else who's doing the diet do it this way too? I count the pre-workout shake personally.

I think I've done it both ways. Doesn't really make a huge difference.

harryhoudini66
06-20-2004, 08:38 PM
:withstupi
I think I've done it both ways. Doesn't really make a huge difference.

TheGimp
06-21-2004, 02:21 AM
I count the preworkout shake as the start of the carb load and include it in that.

Shao-LiN
06-21-2004, 03:07 AM
In any event, it doesn't count as part of the 75%. If you want confirmation on anything, should just go ask Lyle on bodyrecomposition.com forums.

Vido
06-21-2004, 10:17 AM
In any event, it doesn't count as part of the 75%. If you want confirmation on anything, should just go ask Lyle on bodyrecomposition.com forums.

I don't think it really matters that much. It's an extra couple hundred calories for the day, so consider it a tradeoff between a slightly more fat-burning environment (if you count it towards the 75%) and a slightly more anabolic environment (if you don't count it).

Shao-LiN
06-21-2004, 02:30 PM
Book clearly states it...I'll go back and read it, but the gist of it was "Eat 75% of the diet calories by 3-4 pm, assuming a 7pm workout". It goes on to tell you how much of what to put in your pre-workout shake. So, assuming my logic isn't too flawed, that means don't count it towards your 75% as people generally don't drink pre-workout shakes 3-4 hours pre-workout.

Additionally, he mentions, also in the book, that the carb load begins after your workout with your post-workout concoction. So the pre-workout shake is more out in limbo, really. The calories for the day is variable as it is a diet/refeed hybrid, so you can choose to count it in your refeed (not the 75%), but I don't think he meant for it to be counted as such.