PDA

View Full Version : Bulking munchies

reloaded
06-20-2004, 06:41 PM
Hey all, got a Q. I just recently started bulking from just keeping maintenance calories for fear of becoming too fat. Well, I'm sucking it up, but I feel hungry all the time for some reason now. It's been a few weeks and everytime I get home, or like every couple hours I end up starving. Is this feeling normal once my body adjusts to the increased calories day in and day out? Thanks.

pruneman
06-20-2004, 08:41 PM
maybe you put on some muscle and your maintenance level is higher...just a thought.

TheGimp
06-21-2004, 02:20 AM
Too many high GI carbs?

Bboy486
06-22-2004, 12:14 PM
REloaded:

I am bulking also, an dI noticed the same thing. I eat 4 meals and 2 - 3 snacks a day, but usually an hour after i eat a big meal I have the munchies for something, not like chicken or anything like that, but just something, (i think baby carrots have been a good thing to use, but they get boring). I always found it funny that even though I am eatting a lot more than I have for rhe past few years, I am hungry all the time.

But there are a few factors that play into this. Firstly like pruneman said, more muscle more maintenance. Also since going back to the gym, I noticed that the more activity the more I need to refuel my body. It makes a lot of sense, obviously, however, at my job I sit for 8 hours at a computer, and yet it is then that I eat the most often (but not the most). So then I question why my body is allowing me to eat more often at work, than post workout, when I truly need it.

The Only idea I have figured is that my body is replenishing itself from the workout the day before (and this is true in that on days I take of sat and sun, I tend to want to eat less). While when I am sitting, I could be eatting out of boredom rather than nutrition (Gladly I eat clean at work)...

Well that is just my two cents and rambling, anyone with an opinion please post and let me know what you think.

geoffgarcia
06-22-2004, 01:02 PM
I think this is related to eating late at night and having stomach pangs in the morning
the way I have rationalized these things is that when u eat u cause an increase in gastric acids...which ur stomach creates excess of...once ur body stabalizes at ur new caloric level and meal patterns the pangs will slow and eventually cease
(this is my bizarro rationalization)

Bboy486
06-22-2004, 01:48 PM
i dont have stomach pains luckily.

I do however get gassy (usually after the shakes) and am pretty regular, but i figured that is natural