PDA

View Full Version : Realistically...

Chaos229
06-20-2004, 09:40 PM
I just recently began to realize that it's time to put down the fast food and pick up the weights. This is where I am at now, and was wondering realistically from this point if I start a good work out routine. Will be running 2-4 miles 5 days a week and lifting 5 days a week. How long, I know it depends on the individual but with good effort put forth, will it take for me to get a decent looking mid section. My main goal is to get a six pack but I will not be neglecting my other muscles any comments and advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

embro
06-20-2004, 11:17 PM
I'd say, PLENTY of good food and a good routine would help you alot but im sure you already knew that. There is plenty of informations on this forum about this, look at the nutrition thread. Theres some cool recipes and many things to learn.

Welcome to the board and good luck!

Spartan936
06-20-2004, 11:43 PM
Go research "bulking". I suggest you just lift weights for awhile and add some lbs of muscle. Once you get more muscle, you can then alter your routine to get that 6-pack. Just read a bunch at this site. You're on the right track! Good luck.

HahnB
06-21-2004, 12:46 PM
A little fast food won't hurt in your situation. I would not do a cut right now just to get a six pack, you will look too skinny. Add on some muscle first as suggested above, then do a cut.

ElPietro
06-21-2004, 12:53 PM
Yeah it looks like you are already sufficiently lean. I'd just make sure that you are getting ample protein, and work your abs as you would any other muscle, once or twice a week, and go pretty heavy on em. Weighted cruches and db sidebends will give you big strong abs.

Running 5 times per week may sabotage any muscle gains you are trying to achieve though. So if you do run, make sure you are eating enough to compensate for this.

Chaos229
06-21-2004, 01:45 PM
Thanks for all the info and feedback, especially about the running since that was going to be the biggest part of my routine. I think i'll focus on the muscle building now and at the same time be training my abs. I'll read up on some good protein since i'm relatively new when it comes to whats a good protein, etc. Once again thanks for the great feedback and advice.

Manveet
06-21-2004, 02:10 PM
Start bulking for sure. Get yourself a solid routine, if you don't know where to start check out the routines on www.wannabebig.com

Saturday Fever
06-21-2004, 03:22 PM
Eat 25-30 calories per pound of bodyweight. You'll get big in no time.

Rock
06-21-2004, 03:31 PM
you dont need to bulk at all, just eat 250grams of protein everyday, and the normal carbs you eat, and then the basic exercises and alot of sleep.

Chaos229
06-21-2004, 03:59 PM
Once again thanks for the advice, sounds like I definately need to adjust my protein intake it's no where near 250 grams probably don't even reach my bodyweight thanks Rock and everybody else for the great input.

Allyrulez
06-21-2004, 04:09 PM
You have a really big frame, you will look ultra-rad with more muscle

Chaos229
06-21-2004, 04:23 PM
You have a really big frame, you will look ultra-rad with more muscle
Thanks bro, i'm definately going to focus on muscle gain.