PDA

View Full Version : Ali's from me to HULK!!

ali
06-21-2004, 07:41 PM
June 22,2004.

Hi everyone.This is my first post in my brand new Journal..first of all i'd like to introduce myself to all of you.
My name's Ali..i'm 16,and a computer nerd :D.Most of the time I'm working on the computer..and i have almost no physcial activites other than walking around in my house.Well thats just the way i am...a main reason for this is because i'm on vocation from school these days :D and at home most of the time.So i reckon that instead of wasting time on other crap lets do something worthwhile like learning programming,etc ;).Anyway,
Because of my habit of eating a lot of junk food and almost no physical activities I've gained a **** lot of fat in the last year...right now I'm 5"7..83 KG..no muscles..all fat..and a huge belly that i hate the most.So i think its time I start getting all the fat off.This is my plan so far:

Diet:Here goes what i plan to eat every day:

Snack 1: (6-7:00 AM)
French Toast and tea

Snack 2: (9-10 AM)
1 glass of milk

Snack 3: (12-1:00 PM)
Veggies with yoghurt and bread

Snack 4: (3-4:00 PM)
1 Bowl of yoghurt with sugar

Snack 5: (6-7:00 PM)
2 plates of beans with onions

Snack 6: (9-10:00 PM)
About 25 almonds and a cup of tea

Excercise:
(1)-I plan to do this HIIT at about 5:00 AM in the morning:
30 Minute Sprint/30 Minute Jog
I'll start from doing it for 4 minutes simultaneously(well i'll try to do it simultaneouly),and then add another 30/30 minute to it every 2 days.
When Back from HIIT I plan to do any abs excercises to get rid of my stupid belly..for today the excercise is nothing..but i would soon decide on one.

After the intro,here goes my today's report:

Went to the track...planning to do HIIT for 4 minutes without rest(30 secs spring,30 secs jogging).But right after 1 minute i realised it wasnt that easy...especially for an extremely less active and extremely fat person like me.So this is what happened...(dont laugh!!this was my first time)

Went through 1 minute 45 seconds,got exhausted,rested for 45 secs,did another minute,another 45 secs rest,and FINAALLLLLLLLLLLLllllllllllllly did the last 1.
Total time:5 mins,30 secs
Total excercise time: 4 minutes
Rest: 90 seconds
Time to walk to and back from the track: about 11 mins.

So..thats it for now.Also...after the first 1 minute it wasnt really like a sprint..it was more like a jog..and the jog was more like a walk...anyway,this was my first time maaan!one last thing,i didnt get REALLYYY TIRED as they say in the articles,but my legs hurt like **** when i got back.This is it for now,any suggestions,etc would be appreciated.C ya tomorrow!

EDIT:
I had made this post in the morning..but a couple of things happened in the day with the diet that i need to keep note of..so here they are:

Had the snacks in this order:
Snack 1: (7:00 AM)
3 french toasts and a cup of tea

Snack 2: (10:00 AM)
A glass of milk.

Snack 3: (8:00 PM)
2 breads with yoghurt and vegetable.

Snack 4: (11:00 PM)
A bowl of yoghurt

12:00 AM
Had the cup of tea from Snack 6.

Total Water intake=4.5 litres

Thats about it..didnt have the beans or the almonds...:(
The reason for this huge change in the schedule is my daily routine.At 12:00 PM i was sleeping..and didnt get up for about 7:15 PM.Well thats the way i am..i dont really have a disciplined schedule of my life..just do whatever i feel like doing whenever i feel like doing.Thats why its kinda hard to get on with the routine..but not anymore..tomorrow i'll have my lunch in the rite time......GRRRRRRRRRR.
If i still couldn't get the food in the rite time...i'll try to either change the time i sleep at nite..or either change my diet schedule.

TheGimp
06-22-2004, 02:57 AM
Hi Ali.

Diet looks like it could do with some work. Check out the Diet and Nutrition forum and in particular the sticky of body building foods.

I'm sure the cardio will get easier as you keep at it. Good luck with things :)

ali
06-22-2004, 06:28 PM
June 23,2004.
The Gimp..thank you really very much for the encouragement..i definitely need it.I've also taken your advice on working on my diet.Read the rest for more info.

Just got back from today's session..and i must say that everyone who told me i was eating less or not eating the necessary amount of proteins was right.Because today I'm sure i would've done it for 4 minutes without a rest,but i felt like i was dehydrated and felt the way i feel when I try to workout while i havent eaten much.So I'm going to work on my diet right now..add some more to it,and hopefully soon post here with my new diet.Anyway..these are the stats for today: (at least it was better than yesterday :P)

Total time:4 minutes,45 seconds.
Total Excercise Time:4 minutes.
Rest: 40 seconds.

I went through the first 2 minutes 30 seconds without rest..but then had to stop for a rest of 45 seconds.After the rest i did my last 1 minute 30 seconds.

Tomorrow i was supposed to add another 1 minute of 30 seconds sprint,30 secs jog to the schedule..but i'm not going to do it before i do 2 days of 4 minutes without rest.Today,after I had went through the session,..i just stopped and had a rest of about 30 seconds-1 minute before i was able to stand up and walk again because i was really exhausted,and i blame my diet for that,because although yesterday i also got exhausted but it wasnt this much.Anyway..during the session and after it my legs hurt the way they did yesterday.And after the first minute,when i sprinted i knew i wasnt running the fastest i could but i didnt feel like increasing it..felt as if i had increased it..it wont be able to go through the rest of the session and would soon have to stop for a rest..felt the same while jogging.
Another thing i noticed today was that i dont feel the same exhausted when i'm sprinting and if i dont stop every 30 seconds it would be easier to keep running without having a rest.
I've decided to remove the abs excercises from my routine..because,it seems that they aint gonna help me reduce my tummy..they're only going to work on the abs and their results cant be seen until I've got rid of the fat on my abs.So..I wont work on my abs for now and would focus completely on losing the fat before i do anything else.
I'll soon post here with my new diet plan :D

dissipate
06-22-2004, 06:52 PM
Hello Ali! I reckon the cardio might get easier faster and you'd also burn more fat if the workout was at least 30 mins long and you started from a brisk walking pace (taking your inactivity into account) and then gradually increased the pace up to a jog maybe the next week and continue increasing it (but not too fast).

ali
06-23-2004, 06:41 PM
June 24,2004.

dissipate,I must say I have to agree with you.Today was even worse from yesterday..although i had drunk a lot of water before going and i was full too.My session lasted only for 2 minutes and i had to stop for a rest.And then I realized i need to do what dissipate said,start from brisk walking.So thats what i'm going to do from tomorrow.Thanks,dissipate.

Still need to straight out a couple of things about my diet before i post it.

Ali.

dissipate
06-24-2004, 06:09 AM
NP :) hope to see your new diet soon!

ali
06-24-2004, 06:57 PM
June 25,2004.

I've redesigned the whole excercise plan..I'll do what dissipat suggested..start with brisk walking and then make it to slow jogging next week.And keep increasing it till I've lost enough fat.This is probably the best suggestion i could get dissipat,thanks a lot about it.
So..this is what i did today..went for a walk and walked for 40 mins.Since it had rained like crap last nite there was a lot of water on the roads and it made walking fastly without tripping over hard but i did it anyway..and almost tripped once :D anyway,here is today's summary:

Total Time:40 mins
Excercise time: 40 mins

I didnt plan to take it up to 40 mins but it got 40 because of all the water.Anyways..from today starts a new week of my fat loss program.And here is the new diet:

Snack 1: (6-7:00 AM)
3 French toasts and tea.

Snack 2: (9-10 AM)
1 glass of milk

Snack 3: (12-1:00 PM)
Chicken or beef meat with 2 whole wheat flour breads

Snack 4: (3-4:00 PM)
1 Bowl of yoghurt with sugar

Snack 5: (6-7:00 PM)
2 plates of beans with onions

Snack 6: (9-10:00 PM)
About 25 almonds and a cup of tea with a bowl of porridge

Water intake=at least 3 litres of water

If any of you still have any suggestions please lemme know.I hope I'm eatin enough this time.Well thats all for today.C ya tomorrow :D

dissipate
06-25-2004, 08:38 PM
wooohoo ali!! great job on the 40 mins brisk walking! :thumbup: good thing you didn't trip eh :D

about the diet, may i know how you do the french toasts? and what kind of yogurt are you taking?

these two articles might help with planning your diet -
How to change your eating habits for the better. (Part 1) (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=8)
How to change your eating habits for the better. (Part II) (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=15)

TheGimp
06-26-2004, 07:56 AM
Good news on the cardio!

ali
06-26-2004, 04:04 PM
26th June,2004
Thanks a lot for the encouragement dissipate.I'm not exactly sure how the french toasts are done..i reckon it involves soaking slices of bread in liquid egg yolk and white,and then cooking it on the stove with cookin oil or ghee or something similar..and sugar is added to it as well..dont know how though :D,and the yoghurt is normal yoghurt which is made out of milk..they dont have the pre made one in the stores here.Thanks for the articles..i'll read'em soon.
This is my today's summary:

Total time:40 mins
Total excercise time:40 mins

Did it 40 minutes today as well :D.And i think its getting easier.
I cant do my diet the way i planned though..there's always a difference of 1-3 hours in the last 3 snacks.I'm trying to get it rite though.
C ya later :D.

dissipate
06-28-2004, 02:41 AM
:)

are the french toasts you eat premade and packaged? cos we'd want to be careful with what sort of cooking oil is used and to definitely not taking in anything cooked with ghee.

is the yogurt made out of full cream milk?

hmm about the food timing, i think you'll have to ask the guys because i take only 5 meals a day and i'm clumsy with timing too :p

hope you're doing well with the cardio!

ali
06-28-2004, 03:50 PM
27th june,2004
Nothing special for today..except that the cardio is getting easier.There goes the summary:

Total Time:40 mins
Excercise time: 40 mins

ali
06-28-2004, 03:51 PM
28th June,2004.
I skipped the cardio today...dont asky why.

ali
06-28-2004, 07:02 PM
29th June 2004
The cardio was a bit hard today probably because of yesterday's skipping,but it was ok as a whole.
Summary:

Same as last time

dissipate,its good to know someone else isnt good at timing like me :D,as for the yoghurt,well the cream is filtered off the milk from which its made.And..the french toasts are homemade,and are cooked in ghee.. but i dont want to stop eating them :( I love them.Do i must have to stop eating them?
thanks for all your replies and encouragement.

TheGimp
06-29-2004, 04:06 AM
Hey ali.

You gotta do what makes you happy you know? Everything is fine in moderation. I don't know whether your diet is working as it is (probably too soon to check) but if it needs some tweaking maybe you could have them every other day, or cut down on the portion size, or make the rest of your diet a little stricter.

Keep plugging away at the cardio :thumbup:

ali
06-29-2004, 06:25 PM
June 30th,2004
Oh no..today was skipped too.I'm getting pretty much pre-occupied at the time of cardio because of the computer..and although i want to i cant leave the computer at the time of the walk.I feel i should change the time i do the cardio from morning to evening because i'm free back then.

TheGimp
06-30-2004, 01:53 AM
Sounds like it would be best if you did change the cardio to the evening. Then you could also do a session in the morning if you had the time.