PDA

View Full Version : Oh my eggs! my poor little eggies!

Psychotron
06-21-2004, 11:00 PM
How technology, the very thing that brought you to me, has failed you so abysmally at such a crucial time.

okay so I was boiling eggs yesterday afternoon, they had maybe 10 minutes left (I just chuck them in cold water and let them boil) when the power went out (was still out this morning). Now what? can I reboil them? if I eat them as is, will they be okay? Will I?

Please don't tell me I have to throw away half a dozen eggs :( :mad:

raniali
06-22-2004, 01:27 PM
did u refrigerate them in between?

Bboy486
06-22-2004, 01:49 PM
just buy new eggs they are cheap.

manowar669
06-22-2004, 04:48 PM
Sometimes after I boil my eggs, I leave them in the pot, in the water, covered overnight, because I just forgot about them. (I do the "bring them just to the boil, and then turn the heat off, and let them sit 20+ minutes" thing) The boiling process pretty much sterilizes everything anyway. I eat them all the time. No prob.

manowar669
06-22-2004, 04:50 PM
BTW, only six? I boil 20 at a time. I eat 6-8 per meal (mostly all whites, sometimes 1 yolk).

Vido
06-23-2004, 12:06 AM
BTW, only six? I boil 20 at a time. I eat 6-8 per meal (mostly all whites, sometimes 1 yolk).

Why don't you eat the yolks? Are you on a low calorie or low fat diet? I eat 6-8 eggs per meal as well...except I eat the whole thing.

rapidshoter
06-23-2004, 05:29 AM
Yolks have cholerstrol ......... correct me if im wrong, Jay Culter consumes 1 whole egg for every 5 egg whites.

[Mind the spelling]

Psychotron
06-23-2004, 05:55 AM
hehe, they were fine. When I got home I gingerly shelled one to see what the situation was, and it was done after all. However, they suffered from a serious case of Sticky Shell Syndrome (you know the type, you peel off more white than you end up eating :swear: ). Bastards. That made me want to boil them until they exploded.

Vido
06-23-2004, 10:15 AM
Yolks have cholerstrol ......... correct me if im wrong, Jay Culter consumes 1 whole egg for every 5 egg whites.

[Mind the spelling]

Dietary cholesterol has negligible effects on your body's own cholesterol level...the yolks actually contain most of the good stuff about an egg, including half the protein.

Did you get what Jay Cutler eats out of a muscle mag? Whether that's true or not (and it probably isn't if that was your source) those mags are always leading you to believe that fat is the enemy...not the case.

manowar669
06-23-2004, 02:51 PM
I don't eat the yolks (all of them that is) because I can eat other things for the calories. If I leave out 2 yolks, for example, I can eat a half-cup of oatmeal (more filling, etc.). It depends if I'm bulking or cutting, or what my calorie/macro needs are. I usually don't eat more than 2 yolks in a single day though.

shootermcgavin7
06-23-2004, 07:28 PM
Eggs ARE cheap as hell.......God bless the current $hitty demand.......

BigMatt
06-24-2004, 01:00 AM
I eat them raw,go figure.

dissipate
06-24-2004, 06:13 AM
However, they suffered from a serious case of Sticky Shell Syndrome (you know the type, you peel off more white than you end up eating
mine are ALWAYS like that and it's a royal pain in the ass!!!! sometimes i just split them into two and use a spoon to dig the whites out. much faster. :)

vkefi
06-24-2004, 07:33 AM
lol i hate the sticky shell carry on.

i eat 3 boiled whole with breakfast, and pop 1 or 2 whites in my shakes.

As for leaving them, yep, have pre boiled and refridgerated plenty of times.

dw06wu
06-24-2004, 07:38 AM
mine are ALWAYS like that and it's a royal pain in the ass!!!! sometimes i just split them into two and use a spoon to dig the whites out. much faster. :)

you know a good trick to make hard-boiled eggs so that they don't stick to the shell, is to dunk them in cold water right after they are done boiling. Bam, absolutely no stickage.

rapidshoter
06-24-2004, 08:48 AM
^ I had been doing that for ages so that my finger don't get burned by that egg, didn't know it didn't make them sticky. No wonder why i never have problems pealing eggs.

dissipate
06-25-2004, 09:09 AM
ahhhhh i'll try that tomorrow! thanks!!