PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing this correctly?

Bboy486
06-22-2004, 11:16 AM
Im Bulking.....

Breakfast (Water + Multivitamin and flax oil)
2 hard boiled eggs (with yolk) - 7:30
1/2 cup of Oats and splenda - 9:30

snack
crackers and natty pb - 10:30 - 11

Lunch Subway, wheat or honey oat bread and loads of veggies and double meat - 12:30

snack 1/2 cup mixed nuts - 2:30

Dinner
Meat, Veg and carbs - 5:30

creatine with water

gym (4 x a week) 6 - 8 range

Post workout shake (whey and l-glut)

Supper 9:30 - 1030
1 meat and 1 veg
gatorade to drink

Optional
Cottage Cheese + fruit 10:30

2nd Protein shake and glut - before bed

Manveet
06-22-2004, 10:45 PM
Looks okay?

How much do you weigh? How many calories are you eating? What is the break down of ratios (protein, carbs, fat)

I would probably change the Subway meal to something a little more better. Subway isn't entirely bad, but the meat is heavily processed. Maybe some chicken breasts and a sweet potatoe?

Is the creatine you are drinking pre-mixed with a delivery system? If not, you should have some high GI carbs post workout.

latinomasfino
06-22-2004, 11:08 PM
yea man looks good for a start but u will need to increase it a bit more like protein keep it up hhight and add some more food like bagels and such

Vido
06-22-2004, 11:53 PM
2 eggs and half a cup of oats is hardly a cutting breakfast, never mind a bulking one. I can't believe some people can eat so few eggs at a time. Anything less than 6 and you shouldn't even bother :D.

Crackers and peanut butter? How old are you? 6? Crackers are just oil and crap.

The cottage cheese should be eaten before bed as opposed to the shake. Unless that shake is casein, the protein in cottage cheese is slower-digesting.

The rest might look ok, but we need your stats and the caloric breakdown of each meal.

Bboy486
06-23-2004, 09:53 AM
2 eggs and half a cup of oats is hardly a cutting breakfast, never mind a bulking one. I can't believe some people can eat so few eggs at a time. Anything less than 6 and you shouldn't even bother :D.

Crackers and peanut butter? How old are you? 6? Crackers are just oil and crap.

The cottage cheese should be eaten before bed as opposed to the shake. Unless that shake is casein, the protein in cottage cheese is slower-digesting.

The rest might look ok, but we need your stats and the caloric breakdown of each meal.

Ummm ok I eat the crackers and PB cuz at work I cannot keep bread by my deck and the crackers provide a quick way to get a snack. And who the hell says that? That was the most ****** thing I ever heard. Its a damn cracker, and guess what I eat them in my soup too, so I must only be 6 lol

Bboy486
06-23-2004, 09:53 AM
add up all the stuff for us

it comes to around 3100 cal

geoffgarcia
06-23-2004, 10:17 AM
ur diet looks good, although I'm not sure ur age or how much u weigh to judget if 3100 calories is enough, it seems a little low...but it depends how fast and how long u r gonna bulk for.
As for the crackers...the process of making crackers and crutons infuses them with an abundance of hydrogonated and trans fats... which aren't good.

I've been taking some stuff lately with my pb, its called Wasa Fiber Rye...they are like the size of a graham cracker
it doesn't taste to great, but its got fiber and holds a tbsp of pb pretty well
http://store6.yimg.com/I/lowcarboutfitters_1790_5656575

each one is:
Calories: 30

Total Fat: 1g
Sodium: 60mg
Total Carb: 7g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Sugars: 0g
Protein: 1g

Vido
06-23-2004, 10:20 AM
Why can you keep crackers at your desk, but not bread?

Bboy486
06-23-2004, 10:52 AM
"How much do you weigh? How many calories are you eating? What is the break down of ratios (protein, carbs, fat)"
155, 3100, 30/40/30

I would probably change the Subway meal to something a little more better. Subway isn't entirely bad, but the meat is heavily processed. Maybe some chicken breasts and a sweet potatoe?

well subway is the only "healthy alternative" thats somewhat cheap in the area i work (i have a 8-5 office job).

Is the creatine you are drinking pre-mixed with a delivery system? If not, you should have some high GI carbs post workout.

Im not sure, all i know is it is not th efruit punch stuff, its just creative powder that I mix in my water with my dinner.
what is high GI carbs?