PDA

View Full Version : Bulking diet.. help

XHitman396
06-22-2004, 09:42 PM
so i started eating better than i used to, not good, just better.. and i need help.. breakfast-4 eggs and applejuice, lunch-ham sandwich and doritos with protein bar and sometimes candybar and lemonade, 1/2 serving protein shake before and after workout, creatine with protein, dinner-whatever mom makes (i.e. spaghetti, meatloaf with corn and green beans, burgers and potato salad, chili, etc.) and sometimes ill have a bowl of ice cream or some ramen noodles as snack. so after analyzing that, tell me this, i know about the 1.5g of protein per pound, and im supposed to be eating carbs, what how many of them, and what are good and bad. what are essential fatty acids, where do i get them, and how much of them do i need? should i watch my fat intake (im a lean 6' 175lbs) or does it matter? how many calories should i be eating, and which are good? and is there anything else should i look for (good or bad) when im bulking (i.e. sodium and stuff)? and finally, what foods provide the most abundant amount of each item mentioned above?? thanks a lot guys..

Paul Stagg
06-23-2004, 02:33 PM
What is your goal caloric intake?

XHitman396
06-24-2004, 04:40 PM
i have no idea... i dunno what would be best, so whatever would help, i do work outside in the heat doing manual labor, so more calories are burned there than sitting on the couch, so ballpark estimates for me are welcome...

raniali
06-24-2004, 05:43 PM
no one has a ballpark estimate for you because everyone is different. if what you are eating now is not making you gain weight, then eat more. some people here who have fast metabolisms are forced to eat upwards of 5k-7k calories a day. keep eating.

go to www.fitday.com to start monitoring your daily cals.

BlueAura
06-25-2004, 04:30 PM
I just started lifting again after a long time of slack and I've just about doubled what I ate before in terms of calories and I've lost about 1 kg actually, don't let it bother you too much if your loosing when your bulking just eat more.

If for whatever reason you can't eat what you'd like to eat to get bigger quicker you have to settle with second best and just eat what you can while keeping in a set Protien/Fat/Carb ratio though it will take longer to get bigger than if you controlled you diet down to every gram. Like Raniali said, measure it against your gains/losses