PDA

View Full Version : How good or bad are these foods...

beachmuscles
06-22-2004, 10:09 PM
How good or bad are these foods...Right now im on a clean bulk and eat these foods all the time...

1. Honey Nut Cheerios (sometimes a big bowl throw in some banana, and sometimes put some protein powder in the milk)

2. Smuckers Natty PB (Im confused about the whole "good" fat thing i mean if i had more then 2 tbsp/day would i get fat?)

3. Farmhouse Multigran Bread (Usually have atleast 2 sandwichs a day which is about 4 slices or more)

Manveet
06-22-2004, 10:38 PM
1) Not that good. Too many simple sugars. Go with plain oats

2) Could be good, as long as the ingredients read: peanuts, and nothing else.

3) Could be decent, first ingredient should be whole wheat flour, not enriched wheat or anything like that.

Calories from food sources are important (you don't want to be eating garbage) But you also have to watch intake even on a bulk. Just because you are eating relatively healthy food, it doesn't really give the leeway to start pigging out, unless you don't mind getting a little fatter while putting on some muscle.

latinomasfino
06-22-2004, 10:45 PM
1) Not that good. Too many simple sugars. Go with plain oats

2) Could be good, as long as the ingredients read: peanuts, and nothing else.

3) Could be decent, first ingredient should be whole wheat flour, not enriched wheat or anything like that.

Calories from food sources are important (you don't want to be eating garbage) But you also have to watch intake even on a bulk. Just because you are eating relatively healthy food, it doesn't really give the leeway to start pigging out, unless you don't mind getting a little fatter while putting on some muscle.
i agree keep ur protein intake high and up ur carbs and keep ur fats to the minimum and u should do just fine :smoke:

T_Chapman
06-22-2004, 10:49 PM
if you have a metabolism thats above average speed then those foods arent that bad for you. there are cleaner options like berry cheerios and natural pb but i guess its okay. :thumbup:

latinomasfino
06-22-2004, 10:54 PM
if u wann really bulk up try eating bagels heheh 370 calories each thatll boost up ur weight hehe

Genacide
06-23-2004, 05:28 AM
Dump the Smuckers PB, go with natural PB. Usually stores have their "house brand" of natural PB thats just as cheap as any of the other brands. Meijer, Kroger.

beachmuscles
06-23-2004, 08:27 AM
the smuckers is natural peanut butter...

Vido
06-23-2004, 10:23 AM
Although there are better options out there, I'd say the PB is fine, the bread is fine, but I'd drop the cereal except maybe post-workout.

SoulOfKoRea
06-23-2004, 10:33 AM
if you like the honey nut cheerios, try some Kashi brand cereals

JTyrell710
06-23-2004, 10:40 AM
i agree keep ur protein intake high and up ur carbs and keep ur fats to the minimum and u should do just fine :smoke:

more like keep fats to a maximum and sorta avoid saturated fats...

fats are good

why else would he be eating peanutbutter--