PDA

View Full Version : help me with cutting diet? :)

dw06wu
06-23-2004, 04:08 PM
ok so I just typed this huge thing, hit preview, then back, and lost it all like a ****ing jackass. I'm very upset. :newbie: oh well.

well I don't feel like typing all that stuff back up so I'll spare everyone the details.

-Was 280 a year ago this month
-I'm now 220lbs (6'4") with the help of ephedra and way too much cardio (never abused ephedra)
-arms, legs, shoulders, back are not fat, but not cut. Front midsection is fattiest part of my body. I blame this on alcohol and restricted college diet during past year.
-have lost a lot of muscle
-want to bulk and get strong again, but simply can't justify it due to still being a little overweight, so I have decided to cut right this time
-I have completely changed my diet, and put it on fitday.com for the past two days. link: http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=dw06WU
-fitday only been going for 2 days, but my diet has been very similar to 40-45% carb, 40-45% protein, 10-20% fat a day, 2600-2700 cals. for the past week and a half or so.

Mon-Wed-Thur I run 1 mile for warmup, then lift a different muscle group hard for 1.5-2 hours

Tu-Thur I run for 30-35 mins, so far getting about 3.5 miles and improving with every session. Looking to increase time spent on cardio.

Sat-sun I take off. I'm normally a heavy weekend drinker. Ill spare you the reasons for this but Ive been sober for about 3 weeks now and am trying my hardest not to break. I don't cheat my diet on the weekend.

Is my diet adequate for cutting? Is my exercise regimen adequate? Is it a waste to take creatine on a cut? Thanks for any input.

I had a much friendlier and more detailed message before, but after I lost it all I figured people would appreciate it more if I just got down to the meat and potatoes of my message. Thanks!!

geoffgarcia
06-23-2004, 05:34 PM
First off congrats on your dedication.
60lbs in a year is something you should be proud of!

220 sounds like a nice weight for a 6'4 frame but if your carrying excess fat I can see your dilemna and desire to decrease it.

Here is a link to some basic dieting info:
Guide to becoming Lean (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine/fatlossdiet.htm)

although I'd imagine you already have the basics down. your calories and breakdown look good. The only thing I'd caution you on is the 10-20% fat. 10% would be a little to low and you might suffer from reduced hormones, on a cut 20-25% would be a better target. Just try to avoid saturated fats as they slow metabolism.

Any idea what your bodyfat levels are currently?

oh, and welcome to the board!

dw06wu
06-23-2004, 06:54 PM
thanks for the encouragement and tip about my low fat levels. As you can see from my post count and reg date, I used to lurk a lot. It did not take me very long after visiting this board and seeing how good everyone is with their bodies here for me to decide what I wanted.

220 sounds like a nice weight for a 6'4 frame but if your carrying excess fat I can see your dilemna and desire to decrease it.

Any idea what your bodyfat levels are currently?

oh, and welcome to the board!

My body fat I would guesstimate for shoulders & arms probably about 12%, legs & back probably about 14-16%-ish, but my front/torso area is probably more like 18-20%, maybe more.

I was warned by wannabebiggers that this would happen when I told them my plans a year ago (drastically cutting calories & losing a lot of weight very quickly) that I may become flabby in some areas, but I just could not take being such a fat ass any more. I figured I could do it that way and then clean it up later, which is where I am at now.

Should I buy calipers for fat or is there something better? I'm assuming I can get them at any online place, and I'm gonna go look right now.

:strong:

geoffgarcia
06-23-2004, 09:05 PM
unless you have someone to actually use the calipers on you I wouldn't bother. I don't think they are a tool that you can use alone....plus the mirror is just as good unless ur anal about tracking these things (as many of us are!)

dw06wu
06-25-2004, 02:34 PM
I noticed today that I have gone up from 220lbs to 221lbs on the dot from Sunday to Friday. Could this be muscle due to my recent jump in protein/creatine intake, change of diet, and the fact that I haven't worked out in 3 months?

Or am I getting fatter? :scratch:

I have not cheated on my diet once. I'm hoping that it's the former and not the latter. Should I keep on with what I'm doing and see what happens, or change my caloric intake now? (fitday link above, but to save time I have been ingesting 2700-2800 cals a day, 45/40/15

IdaMAN
06-25-2004, 04:52 PM
Are you weighing youself at the same time everyday? 1 lb is nothing. You will weigh less in the morining then you will at night.

dw06wu
06-27-2004, 11:28 AM
Are you weighing youself at the same time everyday? 1 lb is nothing. You will weigh less in the morining then you will at night.

Yah, I think that is what happened. I weighed myself the first time more in the morning.

geoff: What kinds of hormone problems could result from insufficient fat intake? You mean like not enough testosterone being produced? I need to find some good sources of fat, sice most of the stuff I see is packed with saturated fat. I also need to buy some fish oil caps and stuff since I'm not getting any of that right now, either.