PDA

View Full Version : Not wanting to lose any more weight.. but still need to get "slimmer"

hcoot
06-23-2004, 05:46 PM
Hi all, Im new here. My name is Joe, im 17 years old and currently ~174 pounds, and im 5`11. October 1st 2003 i was 250, so its been an interesting past 8 months. I really... really, REALLY, dont want to lose any more weight. Im happy with 170, hell, even if i was 180+ but "slim" id be fine. Im currently at abouta 33 inch pant size, and probably 16.5% bf. Last time I checked was 3 weeks ago and I was 17.5%
Anyways, to cut I have been doing cardio + weight training, and eating about 2000 calories a day. However, I know if i keep this up il continue to keep losing weight, and a.) I dont want to lose more weight b.) the low amount of calories are not letting me get as strong as I want to be

However, I still have a small (at least i think its small), pouch type gut. I know I can lose this by shedding my bf, and Im wondering how many calories a day I should be eating. The thing I am scared of, is of course not only regaining my weight, but also getting bigger in my stomach area. However, I have made a new diet per say, and on average im eating about 2500 calories a day (about a 40-30-30 split) Im wondering if you think this is too much or too little?

What I am doing at the gym, is i run 4-5 times a week, 1-2 miles + 20-40 minutes on eliptical in the morning, and i lift mon/tues/thurs/friday. MY goals are 13-14% bf by august 1st (in time for vacation!), and a flat stomach with visual penis lines.... ;)

Wondering if you think this is the right amount of food I should be eating, and if you think its attainable?

Thx.

shootermcgavin7
06-23-2004, 07:22 PM
I'll go ahead and get flamed by saying 2500 cals and your split look decent. If you want to gain, you may want to up the cals a little bit.

If you're lifting with intensity you likely won't gain on your "gut" unless you eat a lot of sugar or fat. Everyone is different, but you sound like you've done a great job so far.

hcoot
06-23-2004, 07:52 PM
well, i dont want to gain wait per say..but if its muscle then il be fine. Im primarily focused on shrinking my gut to a nice flat layer with penis lines ! :thumbup:

so.. if this layout sounds good for that, then awesome!!

Growth
06-23-2004, 07:56 PM
:eek:

hcoot
06-23-2004, 08:20 PM
whats that mean !

hcoot
06-24-2004, 06:49 AM
*bump*

Augury
06-24-2004, 08:07 AM
Seriously, congratulations. You have managed a whole lot of weight loss and no doubt a great deal of that was fat. That takes a lot of effort.

Are you a bit mentally wornout tho? Have you had a break between your last 8 month diet and this next one? If not...give yourself 2 weeks off. Just chill, eat what you want but reasonably and de stress your body from dieting. You will then probably fiond whatever you next do will yield more rapid and positive results.

I think you said you are at roughly 16.5% bf and now want to gain mass but not too much fat? or did you want to keep shedding fat and just not lose any more muscle mass? Wasnt quite sure about that.

There are several types of diets you can follow that will help you either maintain musclemass and continue to cut or gain muscle mass whilst only gaining a little fat in the process. Which way are you more inclined to go? Its kinda hard to do both and you end up gaining only a small ammount of muscle and losing only a small ammount of fat if you try to pull your body in both directions.

hcoot
06-24-2004, 11:52 AM
Seriously, congratulations. You have managed a whole lot of weight loss and no doubt a great deal of that was fat. That takes a lot of effort.

Are you a bit mentally wornout tho? Have you had a break between your last 8 month diet and this next one? If not...give yourself 2 weeks off. Just chill, eat what you want but reasonably and de stress your body from dieting. You will then probably fiond whatever you next do will yield more rapid and positive results.

I think you said you are at roughly 16.5% bf and now want to gain mass but not too much fat? or did you want to keep shedding fat and just not lose any more muscle mass? Wasnt quite sure about that.

There are several types of diets you can follow that will help you either maintain musclemass and continue to cut or gain muscle mass whilst only gaining a little fat in the process. Which way are you more inclined to go? Its kinda hard to do both and you end up gaining only a small ammount of muscle and losing only a small ammount of fat if you try to pull your body in both directions.

I did take a break, a 2 week break, like a month ago. And thank you!

I am 16.5% bf, I want to keep losing bf, but I dont want to lose any more weight.. I just want to shed fat and get a more cut look (but without losing anymore weight)

My main concern is... am i eating the right amount of calories for my goal? Which is to shed my bf down to 13.5% ish by august 1st, and to lose the last bit of my gut. While maintaining my current strength.. or maybe even putting on some muscle pounds

oh and heres a b4/now pic

hcoot
06-24-2004, 12:05 PM
aaand,here is a picture of my gut.. which is scary and u might vomit, but anyways. Think its possible? Oh and.. for some reason my gut seems a tiny bigger from the webcam positioning.. its alittle smaller in reality.

IdaMAN
06-24-2004, 12:19 PM
Why is it fat people always smile in pictures but thinner people don't? lol. Nice job hcoot. You just might have to tone up a bit. It could be your skin is stretched from when you were heavy.

hcoot
06-24-2004, 12:24 PM
ya, this whole toneing up thing is new to me, but you think il be eating enough?

Hercule
06-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Hey man, i know EXACTLY where you are coming from. I was 243 in December, and decided to start dieting. I did a TKD, and have lost 63lbs. since then. I also am afraid of losing anymore weight, but then again, just like you, i want to be cut. My plan is to keep my diet the same, but to do refeeds more often, to preserve more muscle, but still lose fat. I'll let you know how it works. Keep up the heard work. It feels great doesn't it :D.

BulkMeUp
06-24-2004, 12:37 PM
oh and heres a b4/now picAmazing progress!!!
:clap:

IdaMAN
06-24-2004, 12:43 PM
Just don't eat fat. I am not in the best of shape myself and my metabolism is really screwed up from when I was a kid. I use to be thin as a kid and this worried my rents so they forced me to eat everything even when I was not hungry. Needless to say it had a big negitive effect on me when I got older. I have lost and gained weight off and on for years. This time I am going to keep it off. Just do cardio everyday. No better way to get into shape than exercise. I want to be able to wear clothes again with out worrying if I look bad in it because of the extra weight. ( Yes guys do thing about that too).

hcoot
06-24-2004, 12:49 PM
Amazing progress!!!
:clap:

thx :D

IRN-BRU
06-28-2004, 07:36 PM
Well done, looking good, keep it up.

Sounds like increasing to 2500 cals is good, ie. +500 and see what happens. If you want to stop losing weight and get a shredded gut though, you need to put on some muscle. As it's physically impossible to lose fat and be the same weight otherwise.

For that, I'd say eat more, do less cardio, do heavier weights, and eat enough protein. Keep increasing calories until you are gaining about 1lb a week. After you're up to say 180lb, drop 500 calories per week, increase cardio a bit, so you're losing 1lb a week until you're back at 170. This time, you're gut will be more in trim. Repeat until it's worked:)

What the heck are penis lines though? :-)

IRN-BRU