PDA

View Full Version : Wendys

SeinfeldGeorge1
06-26-2004, 12:15 PM
hey i was just wondering if a grilled chicken sandwhich with nothing on it was ok to eat?

Augury
06-26-2004, 12:19 PM
well, you cant really screw up chicken. I guess the bun is junk white processed bread tho. Not so wonderful.

Still, eat it up. carbs and protein :)

geoffgarcia
06-26-2004, 03:24 PM
they soak the thing in butter to make it taste so nice...

Vido
06-26-2004, 03:56 PM
Ok to eat...yes.

A good choice...not particularly.

Allenronm
06-26-2004, 04:25 PM
it does taste good though.

SeinfeldGeorge1
06-26-2004, 04:37 PM
i thought if its grilled its ok to eat

T_Chapman
06-26-2004, 05:47 PM
what's the protein/fat/carb on it?

you should also check out taco bell chicken soft taco and subway terriyaki and carls jr has this expensive chicken bbq sandwich that costs as much as the 6 dollar burger but is 2x smaller. it has like 3g fat.

geoffgarcia
06-26-2004, 06:03 PM
i thought if its grilled its ok to eat
you can grill, bake, or put something on a frying pan to cook it...any way you choose its gonna come out the same...the only way they make chicken taste good is by soaking it in butter or some type of oil then coating it with chemicals like MSG and salt which make you lust after it...go cook urself up a dry piece of chicken and compare that to wendy's chicken...the difference will be obvious

meltedtime
06-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Sorry Geoff, but you need to learn how to cook. You don't need msg, salt and butter to make chicken taste good. I can cook up chicken without that **** and it tastes a thousand times better than any crap from a fast food joint. The grade of meat can make a hell of difference, as well as the method of cooking. A little patience and a few spices can make a world of difference.

melt

Vido
06-26-2004, 08:20 PM
That's true meltedtime...lemon juice and some no salt flavourings can easily make chicken taste better than you'd get at a fast food restaurant.

Jasonl
06-26-2004, 09:06 PM
Sorry Geoff, but you need to learn how to cook. You don't need msg, salt and butter to make chicken taste good. I can cook up chicken without that **** and it tastes a thousand times better than any crap from a fast food joint. The grade of meat can make a hell of difference, as well as the method of cooking. A little patience and a few spices can make a world of difference.

melt
You took his text out of context....He was simply saying, in response to SeinfeldGeorge1's post who stated "grilled is ok", that grilling, frying, etc, will not make a differnce in the nutrition or taste of the meat, it's the additives/seasoning that does that.

Darcy Tucker
06-27-2004, 02:01 AM
Im pissed. I used to love the honey mustard they put on their grilled chicken and now they changed sauces. The new one sucks!

IdaMAN
06-27-2004, 02:46 AM

melt

Yer compairing fast food to home cooking. If you don't like fast food then of course you are going to think the way you cook it tastes better.Geoff made an excellent point about how they add msg, salt and butter to make it more appealing and taste good(in the fast food way).

Im pissed. I used to love the honey mustard they put on their grilled chicken and now they changed sauces. The new one sucks!

Tell them to put the Honey mustard sauce on it instead. If they have it they will do it.Or tell them no sauce and take it home and put your own honey mustard on it.

T_Chapman
06-27-2004, 01:24 PM
Yer compairing fast food to home cooking. If you don't like fast food then of course you are going to think the way you cook it tastes better.Geoff made an excellent point about how they add msg, salt and butter to make it more appealing and taste good(in the fast food way).

Tell them to put the Honey mustard sauce on it instead. If they have it they will do it.Or tell them no sauce and take it home and put your own honey mustard on it.

lol yeah i have to agree fast food beats home cooking unless you put a lot of fat and oil and extra ingredients. i never tasted home cooking that was better than fastfood burger.

meltedtime
06-27-2004, 01:27 PM
i never tasted home cooking that was better than fastfood burger.

I feel sorry for you T., I really do. If the best burger you have ever eaten has been from a fast food place then you have really been deprived.

melt

Jasonl
06-27-2004, 01:36 PM
lol yeah i have to agree fast food beats home cooking unless you put a lot of fat and oil and extra ingredients. i never tasted home cooking that was better than fastfood burger.
Try this: take a half-pound patty, soak it in teriyaki sauce for about a day, bbq it, then put guacamole, onion, lettuce, and tomatoe on it and wrap it in a regular bun (maybe a tiny bit of mayo and/or ketchup). Trust me, I have never tasted a fast-food bruger that can hold a candle to this!:burger:

geoffgarcia
06-27-2004, 02:53 PM
You don't need msg, salt and butter to make chicken taste good. I can cook up chicken without that **** and it tastes a thousand times better than any crap from a fast food joint. The grade of meat can make a hell of difference, as well as the method of cooking. A little patience and a few spices can make a world of difference. what time u serving dinner?

WannabeSmalljjk
06-27-2004, 09:00 PM
http://www.wendys.com/food/Product.jsp?family=2&product=117 didn't see anything about msg but i might have missed it.

IdaMAN
06-27-2004, 10:16 PM
Wendy's claims to have no MSG in their food but people sensitive to MSG have gotten ill from eatling there so who knows.

BIG C
06-28-2004, 12:05 AM
http://www.wendys.com/food/Product.jsp?family=2&product=117 didn't see anything about msg but i might have missed it.

After checking this out. Now I'm hungry again! LOL

Khar
06-28-2004, 03:54 PM
you can grill, bake, or put something on a frying pan to cook it...any way you choose its gonna come out the same...the only way they make chicken taste good is by soaking it in butter or some type of oil then coating it with chemicals like MSG and salt which make you lust after it...go cook urself up a dry piece of chicken and compare that to wendy's chicken...the difference will be obvious

Wendy's doesn't use butter or anything to put on their chicken. They just grill it. I used to work there. So unless they changed their ways in the past 2 or 3 years then they don't use butter.

IdaMAN
06-28-2004, 04:08 PM
I am not a big fan of Wendy's. When I want a fast food fix I go to BK or Harveys. My fav is Japanese stir fry or Korean BBQ though.

Feminator
06-28-2004, 06:48 PM
No, eating a grilled chicken sandwich will make you put on 50lbs of fat, clog your heart, eat half of your muscles and make you infertile. Christ almight the questions on this site just get worse and worse...

Jasonl
06-28-2004, 08:42 PM
No, eating a grilled chicken sandwich will make you put on 50lbs of fat, clog your heart, eat half of your muscles and make you infertile. Christ almight the questions on this site just get worse and worse...
Good to know...:rolleyes: