PDA

View Full Version : Boring old chicken

BlueAura
06-28-2004, 04:39 PM
How do you spice up your chicken?

I've tried salsa but after a while I gets just as boring as plain chicken. uumm, fillet tower burger. No, no stop that! PROCESSED! :whip:

Seriosly plain wholesome chicken how do you cook it, what with?

IdaMAN
06-28-2004, 04:45 PM
Chicken wraps are the best. I never get tired of them. I make mine just like they do at KFC, less fattening of course.

TOBART
06-28-2004, 06:07 PM
Marinated heavily and eaten straight off the barbeque, I dont think I'll ever get bored with it.

pruneman
06-28-2004, 08:05 PM
Try cooking it topped with that barbacue sauce that is sweetened with Splenda. It's pretty good stuff and very little sugar.

jimmyD
06-28-2004, 08:08 PM
I cut mine up and stir fry it with minimal olive oil! its so good this way! sometimes i add the atkins BBQ or the atkins teryiaki ! yummm

Aspect
06-29-2004, 06:11 AM
Get yourself some fresh herbs and a handful of spices, and you're all set. For example, get a handful of basil, a handful of coriander and chop it all up. Crush a tablespoon of corainder seeds and mix that in with the herbs, then squeeze in the juice from a lemon. Rub that all over some chicken breasts and grill or griddle it.

Or mix up some rosemary, garlic, lemon peel and lemon juice with some olive oil and marinade the meat for half an hour or so.

Or make a cajun coating with paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic, onion flakes and oregano.

Seriously, it might sound a bit girly or whatever, but grow yourself a handful of fresh herbs - all you need is a windowbox or a small area of garden. It'll cost you maybe a tenner from a garden center for half a dozen herbs - say thyme, rosemary, basil, coriander, parsley and mint. Then just water them every day or so, and after a couple of weeks they'll be established enough that you can use them regularly and they'll grow back. Get a few spices as well - they keep forever - and you're all sorted. There's loads of mixtures you can use to make marinades or dry rubs, it takes about a minute, tastes gorgeous and you're generally not drowning the meat in fats.

If you want to eat relatively clean, and want to eat a lot of meat without getting bored, then herbs and spices are about the best thing you can invest in - they'll make food a hundred times nicer to eat, without adding anything unhealthy to the meal or increasing its fat or sodium content.

Relentless
06-29-2004, 06:27 AM
Seriously, it might sound a bit girly or whatever, but grow yourself a handful of fresh herbs - all you need is a windowbox or a small area of garden. It'll cost you maybe a tenner from a garden center for half a dozen herbs - say thyme, rosemary, basil, coriander, parsley and mint. Then just water them every day or so, and after a couple of weeks they'll be established enough that you can use them regularly and they'll grow back. Get a few spices as well - they keep forever - and you're all sorted. There's loads of mixtures you can use to make marinades or dry rubs, it takes about a minute, tastes gorgeous and you're generally not drowning the meat in fats.

Girly?

Nah, that's just CIVILIZED.

Gizotch
06-29-2004, 09:31 AM
Chicken wraps are the best. I never get tired of them. I make mine just like they do at KFC, less fattening of course.

how do you prepare it ? i loved those but forced myself to stay away from kfc once i cleaned up my diet . arent tortillas hella fattening anyhow ?

geoffgarcia
06-29-2004, 09:43 AM
I eat mine bone dry
I consider it a practice of patience...

IdaMAN
06-29-2004, 09:59 AM
how do you prepare it ? i loved those but forced myself to stay away from kfc once i cleaned up my diet . arent tortillas hella fattening anyhow ?

I use chicken strips and add tomato lettus pepper and a touch of mayo or pepper corn salad dressing ( very very little just for taste). All wrapped in a tortilla. I can live off of these things and I never get sick of them. They are cheap to make as well.

1 tortilla is 65 calories

The same as a slice of white bread and 5 less then a slice of whole wheat.

Damn, now I am hungry lol.

Vido
06-29-2004, 10:19 AM
I eat mine bone dry
I consider it a practice of patience...

No wonder you claimed that restaurant chicken tastes so much better in that other thread.

geoffgarcia
06-29-2004, 10:37 AM
No wonder you claimed that restaurant chicken tastes so much better in that other thread.
I was claiming that Wendy's chicken tastes better:)
Wendy's chicken> all other chicken recipies

Holto
06-29-2004, 11:34 AM
I use chicken strips and add tomato lettus pepper and a touch of mayo or pepper corn salad dressing ( very very little just for taste). All wrapped in a tortilla. I can live off of these things and I never get sick of them. They are cheap to make as well.

1 tortilla is 65 calories

The same as a slice of white bread and 5 less then a slice of whole wheat.

if it's a whole grain wrap you cant to much better than that

I dip my boneless skinless in BBQ sauce

Allyrulez
06-29-2004, 01:41 PM
just blend it with milk, and its all over in the blink of an eye

latinomasfino
06-29-2004, 10:04 PM
CHICKEN TERIYAKI :)

bonless chicken strips in pan with nonstick cookig spray add bell pepers tomatoes or onions then add some teriakyi sause and some brown sugar and for an extra spice add soem hott sause and damnnnnnnnn sweet and spicy the best out there

BlueAura
06-30-2004, 11:13 PM
some good ideas, i'll get trying some

dissipate
07-01-2004, 12:55 AM
lemon chicken - get a lemon and split it into 4, squeeze most of the juice out and marinate the chicken with it. put the chicken, extra juice and the lemon pieces in a ziplock bag for about an hour. then take everything out, put it on a tray and bung it in the oven for awhile.

attica
07-04-2004, 05:52 AM
I was claiming that Wendy's chicken tastes better:)
Wendy's chicken> all other chicken recipies

No way man. I'll put my plain old chicken breasts grilled up against ANY fast food chicken. Let me throw in some rubs and/or marinades, and I'll go up against any restaurant - and so will my wife. ;-)

Knotfreak
07-07-2004, 07:36 AM
I put my chicken inside a ziplock bag and freeze it. However, I always make sure to put some different spices or sauces inside the bag with the chicken.