PDA

View Full Version : Sophocletic Wrants

Rufus
06-29-2004, 10:33 AM
I am starting a journal so I can keep better track of my progress or lack of progress. I also want to make my wourkouts a little less schizophrenic in nature. I have never really developed a structured workout plan. I usually just go to the gym and work the muscle group that feels fresh. I have been getting stronger, but I think a more structured approach would be more efficient. I have been lifting weights consistently for about 5 months.
Here are my current stats:
Height: 6'1
Weight: 202
BF%: 16% from electronic impedance scale 18-19% from mirror and fat roll grab.

I think my current goal is to cut my body fat % down to around 10%. I am the heaviest I have ever been right now and I have a big wad of fat on my back and around my stomach that I want to get rid of. Then maybe try to bulk back up to 200 without the added fat. I have also been considering training for a marathon in January 2005, which would put a hamper on the bodybuilding.

Rufus
06-29-2004, 10:57 AM
Workouts for June 28, 2004

AM : Ran 3 miles. 83 F at 6:45 am. My cardiovascular endurance is pretty bad right now, haven't ran consistenly in a couple of years. Hope muscle memory will kick in over the next couple of weeks. Probably need to get used to the heat as well.

PM : Legs & Shoulders
Pretty poor workout. A majority of the dumbells are being recoated, so I had to use machines for some of my lifts. The gym (YMCA) was very crowded with a bunch of kids running around. Cut the workout short when I got bumped a second time by a punk kid during my third set of military presses. I almost lost it. I WANNA DIE!!!!! I don't think they should let kids under 13 in the weight room without a parent. This is the second time I have almost injured myself because of these little bastards. What should I expect though, working out at the Y. I did squats for the first time, which was cool.

Squats: 3x10 135 very deep ass to calves
Standing BB Military Press: 3x8 80
Lateral Raise Machine: 3X8 100
Seated Calf Raise: 3x20 90 3 angles

PizDoff
06-29-2004, 11:09 AM
wtf? kids don't know where they are going?

galileo
06-29-2004, 11:12 AM
So which one of the random series of letters in your journal title do you think is a word? :D

JustinF
06-29-2004, 04:52 PM
45lb plate upside one of the youngsters heads will end the problem. :)

dissipate
06-30-2004, 06:45 AM
good luck with the weights and improving the cardio rufus!! :)

clvmike19
06-30-2004, 08:44 AM
Plates resolve any issue

Rufus
06-30-2004, 10:19 AM
galileo: My journal title makes about as much sense as your sig "wru life?~"

JustinF and clvmike19:
A plate to the kid's head would have definitely made me feel better. I am going to try to start doing my workouts during my lunch break and on weekends to avoid the weekday evening crowds.

dissipate: Thanks for the encouragement

Rufus
06-30-2004, 10:35 AM
Workouts June 29,2004

AM: Ran 3 miles on canals. I hate the Phoenix heat during the summer.

PM: Back & Bis
Decent workout nothing special. The gym was pretty crowded again. I need to start going to the gym during my lunch hour again. The dumbells are still being recoated which changed my workout a little.

Wide grip pullup 3x10 (30 lbs of assistance)
Cable rows 3x10 135
Lat Pulldown shoulder width grip 3x10 135
barbell rows 3x10 100
BB Curl 2x10 60
BB Reverse Curl 2x7 60

I ate a high fiber breakfast today. It was a mixture of steal cut oats,
oat bran, flax meal, and blueberries. It tasted alot better than I thought, but there was a significant side effect throughout the day. I could not stop blasting :moon: . I feel a little sorry for my coworkers, because my office was smelling pretty bad by the end of the day. Maybe this will be beneficial in the long run and keep my boss from coming into my office to nag me.

Rufus
07-01-2004, 12:09 PM
Workouts June 30,2004

AM: Ran 3 miles

PM: Skipped workout to go see movie with my ex. I ate a bunch of crap and drank a big soda. I am a loser and I WANNA DIE!!!!!

Focused70
07-01-2004, 01:01 PM
Nah, just chalk it up to experience. :D

You'll probably wake up tomorrow and haul yourself into teh gym. I know I would.

Oh, and have some :spam:

Stash-ito

Rufus
07-01-2004, 06:32 PM
July 1, 2004

Doesn't look like I am going to get a workout in today. I overslept this morning, so I didn't get my morning run in. I got chewed out at work today :swear: . My boss got back from vacation today and was on a rampage :whip:. A friend of mine is in town tonight and I am supposed to meet him for drinks after work. I will probably get HAMMERED tonight. Unless I end up going to the gym drunk, I won't be making it to the gym today. My diet was pretty good today so far, but once I meet up with my friend it will go down the crapper. Back to the old pizza and beer diet. :cry:

Rufus
07-02-2004, 02:16 PM
July 2, 2004

Didn't wake up for a morning run. Drank too much last night and chose to sleep in.

Lunch Hour Workout: Upper Body

Decent workout. I didn't plan the workout ahead of time, other than I knew I was going to do bench, pull ups, and militart press. I think I might try doing an Upper Body/Lower Body Split for a while. I think I might benefit from working the same muscle group more than once a week. Need to get more organized.

Flat DB Bench Press : WU 1x10x55; WS 1x8x70
Wide Grip Pull Up : WU 1x10x(50lbs Assistance); WS 1x10x(30lbs Assistance)
Standing Military Press : WU 1x10x60; WS 1x6x80 - Poor form probably need to move back down to 70
Lat Pull Down: 1x10x135; 1x5x150
Wide Grip Dips : 10xBW; 9xBW
Reverse BB Curl : 10x60
Narrow Grip Dips: 9xBW, 8xBW
BB Curl: 10x70; Superset 10x60-10x40-10x20

I have been doing pretty good on my diet in the hours prior to 5 pm, but once I leave work social pressures and obligations have lead me down the path of pizza and beer. Will probably end up going to happy hour tonight.