PDA

View Full Version : still skinny? why yes, but trying.

doctorcod
06-29-2004, 02:20 PM
here is a new pic, im 155lbs, up from my starting weight of 140, but stopped gaining recently. havent lifted in 3 weeks, oh noes.... ah well im going today ;) anyway here is one lone pic from the other night.

http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img18&image=mirrorboxor.jpg

jazer80
07-01-2004, 01:57 PM
good luck dude. same boat as you, skinny as hell. better than fat as hell. actually in the past few months i've been able to keep more weight than ever before, primarily through what i've learned on this site. keep at it, only way you're gonna grow (i'm assuming you're eating like an animal?)

phatmonky
07-01-2004, 08:54 PM
I love to see other skinny people on here - it gives me hpe that Im not alone in the hardgainer boat.

I'm leaving it slowly, but surely, though! :D

Was 165 last November. I'm 185 now (was all the way to 190+ at one point). 6'3" is a lot of frame to fill out :o

Good job, keep it up!!

doctorcod
07-01-2004, 11:42 PM
lol thanks guys, phatmonkey you are 185, not too slim anymore! nice job man...

jazer80, yep 155lbs is where im at. its hard to eat a lot, so i resort to the mrp shakes, which taste like crap but are doing the job. :/

oh and a 250+ lb bench 1RPM is amazing, i cant hit much above 155 lol. (my bench is like my worst exercise.)

phatmonky
07-02-2004, 09:27 AM
lol thanks guys, phatmonkey you are 185, not too slim anymore! nice job man...

jazer80, yep 155lbs is where im at. its hard to eat a lot, so i resort to the mrp shakes, which taste like crap but are doing the job. :/

oh and a 250+ lb bench 1RPM is amazing, i cant hit much above 155 lol. (my bench is like my worst exercise.)

I assure you, the 185 does not show at all! I have such great genetics in my legs. They just took off when I started working out. My shoulders are sucking, always have been, so it keeps my frame still narrow. They are coming though!
Hardgainers unite :p Good work man! It'll come eventually!

rafe
07-02-2004, 06:31 PM
I assure you, the 185 does not show at all! I have such great genetics in my legs. They just took off when I started working out. My shoulders are sucking, always have been, so it keeps my frame still narrow. They are coming though!
Hardgainers unite :p Good work man! It'll come eventually!

Fellow hardgainer here. Thankfully I found this site, and have been trying to stuff my face ever since. Its hard though. I may start trying these mrp shakes out there, right now all I take is whey protein shakes, and probably not enough. :help:

Doctorcod, looking good, you're where I want to be in 2 months. I'm a cut 145 but shorter than you. And my bench also sux, though I'm still relatively new to hardcore weight lifting.

skinny no more
07-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Yeah I am right along with you guys!! I am 17 at 6'2 and 158 pounds. My bench also sucks and I am taking weightgainner to gain some size. I am so tired or being skinny!!!!

doctorcod
07-02-2004, 07:09 PM
Fellow hardgainer here. Thankfully I found this site, and have been trying to stuff my face ever since. Its hard though. I may start trying these mrp shakes out there, right now all I take is whey protein shakes, and probably not enough. :help:

Doctorcod, looking good, you're where I want to be in 2 months. I'm a cut 145 but shorter than you. And my bench also sux, though I'm still relatively new to hardcore weight lifting.

If its hard to stuff your face, grab some mrp shakes, even tho they are terrible, they pack the calories you will need. Personally i just cant sit there and stuff my face at a meal time, i get nautious. If you drink like 3 a day, the best ones are like 2200 cals... plus whatever you eat. It will help. I still cant drink 3 a day though, makes me sick LOL.

Mikael
07-03-2004, 02:49 PM
In the end chicks prefer skinner guys than fatter guys ;-) I'd rather have a perfect 8 pack than huge traps on the beach, anyday...

If that's any consolation.

jazer80
07-03-2004, 05:18 PM
2200 calories? are you talking about weight gainers? are those mrps? anyways, i hope you meant 3 times a day totalling 2200 K, not 6600K in one day from shakes. weight gainers are good to help you boost your intake, but 2200 is the most you should be taking, as they are not a great substitute for real food. and i could be wrong, but when i see you're saying specifically 2200 K / serving, i can think of one product that fits, which is gnc's 'premium' weight gainer. let me just say, and i work there, that it's the second worst weight gainer we have, teh first being the 1800. the two gnc brand weight gainers use sugar to constitute the majority of calories, which may be good directly after a workout, but besides that you should look for a weight gainer that uses a better source of carbs. serious mass uses oats and stuff, that would be a much better bet from teh weight gainers we carry

doctorcod
07-04-2004, 07:39 PM
2200 calories? are you talking about weight gainers? are those mrps? anyways, i hope you meant 3 times a day totalling 2200 K, not 6600K in one day from shakes. weight gainers are good to help you boost your intake, but 2200 is the most you should be taking, as they are not a great substitute for real food. and i could be wrong, but when i see you're saying specifically 2200 K / serving, i can think of one product that fits, which is gnc's 'premium' weight gainer. let me just say, and i work there, that it's the second worst weight gainer we have, teh first being the 1800. the two gnc brand weight gainers use sugar to constitute the majority of calories, which may be good directly after a workout, but besides that you should look for a weight gainer that uses a better source of carbs. serious mass uses oats and stuff, that would be a much better bet from teh weight gainers we carry

dude, thank you so much, yes it was the GNC stuff. What do you recommend now? Serious Mass? Can i find this online?

nevermind, just bought a 12lb bag of that stuff online somewhere for 36.40 shipped. thanks man!

Shabaz
07-05-2004, 01:23 AM
+1 for team hardgainer!!!

what's up guys.

Honestly though, I think the term hardgainer gets thrown around too much. When people start weight training, they are more often than not skinny, and looking to put on some muscle.

Due to the 500,000 hits you'll get on google when you search for the term "hardgainer", many skinny folk (like I), will just pass off the reason they don't see immediate results as being a hardgainer.

I'm not stiring any pot whatso ever, but I think that many people that claim they are hardgainers, are simply not resting enough and/or not eating enough. Hence, they don't see the results they expect, and simply pass off their failure to achieve their goal as being a hardgainer.

I was one of those people, until my roomate jammed burgers down my throat every day until I gained weight.

power to the skinny

-shabaz

jazer80
07-05-2004, 07:27 AM
agreed. some people are more 'hardgainers' than others, but once you understand nutrition / training a little better it's not as bad as you think

doctorcod
07-05-2004, 12:37 PM
it's all about eating ze food, it's just hard for me to cram that much down my throat lol.

AzBboy
07-15-2004, 06:17 PM
man us skinny folk have it hard tho. if we eat six meals a day were lucky to gain a few pounds in a few weeks, but god forbid we skip just one meal, our bodies already start slimming out again. and its dam hard to fill up our looong muscle bellies. anyways nice pics man, your neck has a nice upslope to it i can see u attaining monster traps in no time

JTyrell710
07-15-2004, 07:12 PM
haha im with azbboy, i have no problem gaining weight, but as soon as i dont have a bajillion cals a day, i lose 2 lb- lol- its actually not so bad tho, once we all get big, our cuts will happen real nice and we can still eat a good amount and still get lean-- i wanna be 6'1 - 190 @ 8-9%-by the time im 17 i can do that real easy if i am able to workout during the year-
thats the other thing, alot of us "hardgainer" are also people who are under the age of 21- and our bodies haven't quite filled out yet, when u get advice from someone who's decently big, just remmeber that if you stick with it, you'll probably be bigger than them by that age.

Gizotch
07-16-2004, 10:10 AM
theres no such thing as a hard gainer

Oh noes!1!one
07-31-2004, 10:34 PM
I think you look much better then most guys I know your age/hight/weight.

jazer80
08-01-2004, 08:09 AM
i'm a hardgainer.