PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Tuna

furious
07-01-2004, 01:36 PM
Hey,

I love this stuff, the walmart brand canned white albacore tuna which is 98 cents a can. My problem is that I am moving to a place that doesnt have a Walmart within 10 miles (Brooklyn). I looked online and it doesnt seem walmart sells groceries from their website. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how I could go about ordering this tuna, I would do it by the case or however neccesary? Would it be possible to write to Walmart and order them thru the mail? Thanks so much for your suggestions, and I look foward to hearing from you.

jazer80
07-01-2004, 01:46 PM
there's really no comparable kind at the grocery store? there's so many choices there. if you liked it because of the price try costco or bjs. great deals on bulk stuff like that

furious
07-01-2004, 01:52 PM
Hey,

I mean the price was a plus, but I prefer it in taste to starkist, bumblee bee, and chicken of the sea. the last two of those taste like crap, and frankly walmart produces a damn fine product in their tuna. I hope there is some way to come by more.

manowar669
07-01-2004, 02:41 PM
Walmart tuna probably IS one of those other brands that you mentioned. They probably buy odd lots from the same canneries. You just need to try more brands, and find the one that matches. Do you think Walmart has their own fishing fleet and cannery? Their own paper towel factory, razor blade factory, paint factory, etc. etc.

AllUp
07-01-2004, 02:54 PM
frankly walmart produces a damn fine product in their tuna.
LOL, I'll say... It's called dolphin. :p

Do you think Walmart has their own fishing fleet and cannery? Their own paper towel factory, razor blade factory, paint factory, etc. etc.
LOL.

T_Chapman
07-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Walmart tuna probably IS one of those other brands that you mentioned. They probably buy odd lots from the same canneries. You just need to try more brands, and find the one that matches. Do you think Walmart has their own fishing fleet and cannery? Their own paper towel factory, razor blade factory, paint factory, etc. etc.

i wouldnt be surprised. i remember reading an article that walmart is the number one richest store in the world. the second was home depot and walmart makes more than twice as much money as home depot. walmart also makes several times more money than ross, kmart, target and all these other popular stores combined. a lot of people say we should boycott walmart because of its illegal laboring and evils... but theyre too cheap lol.

jazer80
07-01-2004, 03:48 PM
ya and i don't know why the fuk people always bitch about stuff like that. if you don't like the conditions there, quit.

furious
07-01-2004, 04:23 PM
You know, when it comes to eating clean you areant left with many options in the way of taste and when faced with whether it contains dolphin or what brand it truly is I will refer to the first rule of dieting a friend of mine gave to me long ago. "Proritise, is it good?"

jazer80
07-01-2004, 04:40 PM
proritise?

Vido
07-01-2004, 05:18 PM
$0.98 a can for tuna is cheap??? No wonder a lot of people complain that bodybuilding is expensive. That's $0.98 AMERICAN too...yikes.

manowar669
07-01-2004, 08:53 PM
$0.98 a can for tuna is cheap???
That's for albacore tuna. In case you haven't tried albacore, it's like one big filet of meat in a can, instead of the flaky mush in regular "chunk" light tuna (chunk is often an exaggeration). Walmart "chunk" tuna is $0.44 a can here for a 6oz can.

jimmyD
07-01-2004, 09:00 PM
I buy the "cheap" walmart tuna. I have learned to like it but its not the best. cause i go through the cans so fast it keeps my wife from having a cow in the store when i put 20 or more cans in the cart!

Vido
07-01-2004, 11:55 PM
That's for albacore tuna. In case you haven't tried albacore, it's like one big filet of meat in a can, instead of the flaky mush in regular "chunk" light tuna (chunk is often an exaggeration). Walmart "chunk" tuna is $0.44 a can here for a 6oz can.

It's personal preference I guess...I'd actually say I prefer the taste of the "inferior" types of tuna.

Oh, and you can't beat $0.49 Cdn :D.

BIG C
07-02-2004, 05:10 AM
I just bought 20 cans on sale at Food Lion last week(.39 a can). :thumbup:

I think they all taste about the same. Maybe it is just the way I make mine.

BulkMeUp
07-02-2004, 01:27 PM
Oh, and you can't beat $0.49 Cdn :D. Which brand is that?? I get NoName for $.77 Cdn/Can

BigMatt
07-02-2004, 02:46 PM
$0.49 Cdn! Thats cheap!
In Usd it's like they give you a refund cause its - $0.25.

Vido
07-02-2004, 07:06 PM
Which brand is that?? I get NoName for $.77 Cdn/Can

GoldSeal

Cardinal
07-02-2004, 07:16 PM
I buy the "cheap" walmart tuna. I have learned to like it but its not the best. cause i go through the cans so fast it keeps my wife from having a cow in the store when i put 20 or more cans in the cart!

I have graduated to a whole new level. Newest trick: When I go in, reach to the back and get an unopened 48 pack of 6oz. cheap cans. Take it and two token cans up the register and tell them an even 50 cans. I have done this many times now. I guess they just figure I am buying in bulk for some company or something. Or maybe they are just shocked to see that I also have 6 or 7 thirty packs of eggs in the cart also. Kind of dwarf's the boxes of tuna.

-Cardinal

shansen008
07-04-2004, 01:58 AM
I have graduated to a whole new level. Newest trick: When I go in, reach to the back and get an unopened 48 pack of 6oz. cheap cans. Take it and two token cans up the register and tell them an even 50 cans. I have done this many times now. I guess they just figure I am buying in bulk for some company or something. Or maybe they are just shocked to see that I also have 6 or 7 thirty packs of eggs in the cart also. Kind of dwarf's the boxes of tuna.

-Cardinal

2 Things...

1- Congratulations cardinal on what is essentially shoplifting. People who do what you do simply drive up prices on everything else in the store in the long run.

2- I dont even buy canned tuna that much, only when i need some really quick. I live on the Big Island of Hawaii and can get fresh Ahi for pretty cheap at almost any grocery store in town.
;)

Cardinal
07-04-2004, 07:56 AM
2 Things...

1- Congratulations cardinal on what is essentially shoplifting. People who do what you do simply drive up prices on everything else in the store in the long run.

2- I dont even buy canned tuna that much, only when i need some really quick. I live on the Big Island of Hawaii and can get fresh Ahi for pretty cheap at almost any grocery store in town.
;)

I have no clue what you mean by statement 1 ! I live in TX and get my food at a Walmart Supercenter. They usually stock enough tuna and eggs to feed an army. A lot of people lug two carts so they can carry all the victuals they buy in one trip. I am not depleting the supply.

The shoplifting comment kind of threw me for a loop. I am not trying to get albacore for the price of the regular tuna if that is what you are thinking! I buy the cheap crap and enjoy eating it. The two cans are to save the cashier from having to bust open the pack and swipe 50 different times.

But now that you mention it, it would be cool if I could get 50 cans chicken for that price! Neat idea :angel: