PDA

View Full Version : Time for a Change?

Hercule
07-01-2004, 05:40 PM
Hey guys. My life story- I've always been solid, last winter, I decided to do a slight bulk to help get stronger. Well, the bulk got out of hand and I was 245lbs. w/ a 46" waist. Over the past 7 months, I have been on Atkins. I have lost 65lbs, and have a 32.5" waist, w/ 14%BF. Over the past month, I have lost only 5lbs. which is 4 less than the norm, and I havn't lost any inches off my waist. Those 5lbs. I lost were most likely muscle, since I had to cut my calories extremely low to lose those 5lbs. My waist size hasn't chagned in 5 weeks, at all. I'm thinking Atkins has run its course, and now my body is just refusing to lose anymore weight. I think its time to change my diet, what do you guys think? I'm thinking about switching the the 'Zone Diet'. Its a 40/40/20 split. Based on a 2000 calorie diet, thats 200gP/200gC/40gF. I plan on doing cardio 4 times a week along w/ this. What do you guys think about it?

reloaded
07-01-2004, 06:45 PM
I think that would be a decent way to lose weight. I'd check and see if that 2000 calories is below maintenance for you before you start. If it is, then you'll be good to go. If not, I'm thinking it may take some extra time for you to drop. But anyway, sounds good to me, something I'd consider. Drop the calories and do cardio, prolly one of the best ways to lose weight.

Holto
07-01-2004, 06:54 PM
and once you hit a 32" waist I think your getting pretty lean in the middle and start losing fat from other areas

Hercule
07-01-2004, 07:18 PM
I'm still sort of flabby in the midsection, however. I don't have the six pack I want. My waist was the last place to start losing inches fast. My quads have had superb definition for the past 3 months, my back hsa been getting much better the past month. I would like a 30" waist. I'm not sure if 2000 is below maintenance, but I should find out pretty quick. Thanks guys.