PDA

View Full Version : Is creatine safe for teenagers

skinny no more
07-02-2004, 08:10 PM
Is creatine safe for a 17 year old? All I want to do is gain size and mass for being 6'2 at 158 pounds. Should I take creatine and I would like to know what is does to your body? Does it make you bigger or make you stronger? Stuff like that!!

ItalianGalleon
07-02-2004, 08:20 PM
I know that many might say you're too young to take creatine, but I really don't see why you shouldn't. I've heard of no study that shows it to be harmful, even for a 17 year old. Creatine will make you both bigger and stronger; it's my understanding that it reconverts ADP into ATP, effectively giving your muscles more energy. For size, it increases water retention, boosting your muscle size. Others might be able to tell you more, and if there are any sort of consequences, but I know you should be sure to drink lots of water if you do.

skinny no more
07-02-2004, 08:27 PM
have you taken it before? I dont think my parents will let me.

ItalianGalleon
07-02-2004, 08:34 PM
Yes, I have. You could also keep it on the dl; I did that for a while.

SalahG
07-03-2004, 02:19 AM
Creatine is no more safe for adults than it is for teenagers.

AstronautJones
07-03-2004, 03:36 AM
What is wrong with just eating lots of whole food and getting a solid training routine? Don't disobey your parents.

beachmuscles
07-03-2004, 03:37 PM
You gotta disobey your parents or you won't get big...My mom won't let me take whey protein or creatine but I've taken it for 2 years now ;-) and guess what I got bigger. Fvck the bull****

Jasonl
07-03-2004, 03:40 PM
There is no reason for you not to take creatine, it is safe. Just be sure to drink a ton of water.

AstronautJones
07-04-2004, 01:26 AM
You gotta disobey your parents or you won't get big...My mom won't let me take whey protein or creatine but I've taken it for 2 years now ;-) and guess what I got bigger. Fvck the bull****

So you're saying you cannot get big if you don't take whey protein or creatine supplements?

skinny no more
07-04-2004, 09:05 AM
what are some of the side effects? Also do you start to get big really fast? Also what are some good brands of creatine that are out?

edge-man
07-04-2004, 10:50 AM
It's not a miracle supp, its a naturally occurring substance and so you're not going to explode into a muge mofo. As with most things, it takes time. People will not say to you a week after starting creatine, "Wow, you've put on a lot of weight!" At least, no-one did to me anyway. It will, however, most probably speed up the process of putting on lean muscle if your diet is good and allows for this to happen. There's no point in taking creatine if you have a burger king for lunch and mum's meal in the evening, you've got to get everything planned out.

As for brands of creatine, just look at the labels and try to get pure creatine monohydrate powder. The one I have actually says 299g Creatine Monohydrate and 1g magnesium. Try to avoid the creatine with sucrose, fructose or flavourings, chances are they cost more and to be honest the original stuff has no taste anyway. I remember reading somewhere that the creatine with fillers cause substances to reside under your skin, causing a size increase, but this is what you do not want as it will just look fat.

Good luck

Darcy Tucker
07-04-2004, 11:07 AM
Why don't you save your money from a supplement that isn't a wonder drug and by a subscription to your favourite magazine?

edge-man
07-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Or use the money you save to buy lots of steak and eggs!

skinny no more
07-04-2004, 03:50 PM
i was thinking about geting the creatine monodrate by twinlab. I belive that is a pretty good brand?