PDA

View Full Version : Should I lift on days I drink?

mike107
07-04-2004, 04:32 PM
I rarely ever drink, but every once in a while I do, and I have a question about this. On nights where I am going to be drinking, should I even workout that day? I heard that if you drink, it sort of takes away from what you would have gained from your workout. So, should I just skip my workout on days I plan to drink? And of course I don't workout on the day after I drink (too wasted). So, that would be two days off. What I'd like to know is, how should I schedule my workouts (so that they're effective), around a day that I drink?

Holto
07-04-2004, 06:35 PM
I heard that if you drink, it sort of takes away from what you would have gained from your workout

chronic drinking will impair your recovery in general

but it's a chronic situation

having said that I would rather train and then hit the bar and soak up all the extra cals VS trying to train hung over

Saint Patrick
07-04-2004, 06:44 PM
I would rather train and then hit the bar and soak up all the extra cals VS trying to train hung over

:withstupi

Scott S
07-04-2004, 06:55 PM
How often do you drink? If you drink everyday, and are thinking about how to schedule your "days off" perhaps you need to look seriously at it.

Vido
07-04-2004, 07:02 PM
How often do you drink? If you drink everyday, and are thinking about how to schedule your "days off" perhaps you need to look seriously at it.

I rarely ever drink, but every once in a while I do, and I have a question about this.

If you can, don't workout the day of or the day after drinking. If not, then there's a choice. You will feel better during your workout if you do it before you drink than trying to do it hungover. However, as negligible as it might be, I believe working out the day after is actually better because after a workout your body is in a weakened/catabolic state...you don't really want to be consuming alcohol at this time.