PDA

View Full Version : steak question

fiendjc
07-06-2004, 06:45 PM
told my bro to buy me a couple of sirloin steaks while he was at the supermarket & came back w/ $40+ worth of porterhouse & tbone steaks :shoot: . he said that's all they had & made me pay him back(after all, he was doing me a favor)now, are t-bone or porterhouse steaks any better than sirloin or filet steaks which i usually buy.
right now, i'm training pretty heavy & want to gain a lot of lean mass.

i don't post that much on this board (mostly read & learn)
so i don't know if this is a dumb question. :scratch:

thanx in advance 4 replies

debussy
07-06-2004, 08:07 PM
tbone and porthouse are pretty similary cuts of steak... these supposedly taste much better than your filets. it really depends on how well you prepare them though. as for which are better for gaining leans mass.... im pretty sure youre getting teh same amount of protein. someone correct me if im wrong.

Saint Patrick
07-06-2004, 09:07 PM
Just cook it & eat it and stop worrying so much.

BigMatt
07-06-2004, 10:02 PM
Just cook it & eat it and stop worrying so much.

**** just read my mind.

Max-Mex
07-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Only thing you have to worry about with those cuts is fat. t-bone/porthouse cuts have more saturated fats. Calorie counts will be higher because of this. Try trimming some of the fat off to reduce saturated fats and calorie count. You can only do so much however.

Bravo
07-08-2004, 07:50 AM
Teh t-bone and teh filet mignon make up a porterhouse cut. the filet is the leaner, smaller, more compact side of the porterhouse. enjoy!